A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
It's also affecting new m2/m3/m4s. I'm deciding on a Supra or M3 and the standard 6mt M3 being gimped and un-tunable is a turnoff.
same here. I cancelled my order until this gets sorted out. Im sure the market will find a way, but i want to see what it is.

if I ran Burger tuning id be finding a way to make jb4 pure800/850 compatible and ride the wave of sales For a while.

this wont get sorted any time soon.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
7/2020 and on have the new processor and security. Just look at the build dates on your door jamb, and that will tell you.
My 2021 has a build date of 7/20... would you believe it to locked or unlocked?
4FAF8425-4116-4DE3-AE6F-6BB4B7AC235E.jpeg

1F28E2BB-13C5-4B34-9F2C-3FA1B06C2CC8.jpeg

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
who your tuner is has become somewhat of a tribal affair, and making 5 more hp on a dyno pull for the forum, set to music on a smooth edit youtube vid by a flat brim hat bro can steer massive sales volume to your shop.
Completely obliterated YouTube in one sentence:lol:
At this point, I'm considering a JB4 as a stopgap solution but I think the jury is out on whether it delivers worthwhile gains for a 2021 on 93 pump gas. I feel like I've seen very strong numbers for 2020s but very little for the 2021s.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Completely obliterated YouTube in one sentence:lol:
At this point, I'm considering a JB4 as a stopgap solution but I think the jury is out on whether it delivers worthwhile gains for a 2021 on 93 pump gas. I feel like I've seen very strong numbers for 2020s but very little for the 2021s.

i'm already tired of having to boot up the app and connect it every time i get in the car. sure, it only takes 10-15 seconds but it's still obnoxious when you get in and out of the car multiple times running errands etc. i just want to drive, not fiddle with some fucking app.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
i'm already tired of having to boot up the app and connect it every time i get in the car. sure, it only takes 10-15 seconds but it's still obnoxious when you get in and out of the car multiple times running errands etc. i just want to drive, not fiddle with some fucking app.
Not sure what your purpose is for the app but once you set the MAP, there is no additional need unless you are planning on switching maps while you drive or you need to do some logging(maybe watching the pretty needle gauges move???). On the BMW'S (actual cars not just the drivetrains) and now Stinger, you can change maps by using the "intermittent" wiper selector switch on the wiper stalk. Not sure if this has been incorporated for the Supra.

The unit does not "forget" your settings just because you need to turn off the car. If you are trying to run MAP 6, then those settings need to be saved to a configuration in the app as they are "custom" settings but once saved, they too remain unless you change them.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure what your purpose is for the app but once you set the MAP, there is no additional need unless you are planning on switching maps while you drive or you need to do some logging(maybe watching the pretty needle gauges move???). On the BMW'S (actual cars not just the drivetrains) and now Stinger, you can change maps by using the "intermittent" wiper selector switch on the wiper stalk. Not sure if this has been incorporated for the Supra.

The unit does not "forget" your settings just because you need to turn off the car. If you are trying to run MAP 6, then those settings need to be saved to a configuration in the app as they are "custom" settings but once saved, they too remain unless you change them.
I was under the impression that with the Bluetooth kit I needed the app connected for the tune to work. You're saying it doesn't need to be on? And again, it goes back to - why wouldn't I know this? Oh, because it's a tuning platform completely run on a 20 year old internet forum where people post their logs and beg for help to try to figure out why their timings are all over the place and their cars are driving like shit.

MattPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
No you don't. Bluetooth isn't stable or fast enough to run an ecu. Its just for logging and flashing.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No you don't. Bluetooth isn't stable or fast enough to run an ecu. Its just for logging and flashing.
Well, that's a huge relief then. The app has cut out on me before in bad reception areas or when I had my phone too far away from where it's located and I was thinking to myself "wow, if this reverts the car back to stock when its out of range that is some bs"

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I was under the impression that with the Bluetooth kit I needed the app connected for the tune to work. You're saying it doesn't need to be on?
No it does not. I run jb4 mostly map 2 because i don't want to go very far with other mods. On the Stinger platform, the plugs have to be changed to a "step colder" which on the stock plugs, the heat range is 8. Running HKS with the jb4 at a heat range of "9" and a little tighter gap. Can't speak for the B58/B48 platforms. Thing runs awesome!!! Good 93 octane will suffice for up to map 2. Above is suggested using an octane booster or an "E" blend (85, 30, etc.). Stingers don't do well with E blends so I stay at 93. There is a product that is used widely in the jb4 world called "Boostane" that will give higher octane numbers based upon a mixing ratio with a minimum of 91 gas.......

With the jb4, once connected (properly - very important), the BT and app are mainly for "convenience". this allows for easy access to change maps on the fly or checking out logs. if you don't get the BT module, you will need a laptop to change parameters including maps. Not so "convenient" especially in the "cramped" quarters of the Supra. Test drove both the 2.0 and 3.0 couple weekends ago. Just chilling until I purchase. Unfortunately, if I want to use jb4 with Supra, I will probably have to ask for a re-programmed board as these things are programmed for the platform you are using......

HTH....;)

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Oh.....

If you need to update the firmware, MAKE SURE the BT connection is as good as you can get and DO NOT run the car while updating. Leave the ignition in accessory position to power the jb4 while updating.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Oh, because it's a tuning platform completely run on a 20 year old internet forum where people post their logs and beg for help to try to figure out why their timings are all over the place and their cars are driving like shit.
there are some old posts on the "official" forum (link below) but everything in the Supra section of the "B58/B48" thread is pretty current. Most of the folks that post logs and ask the questions, have NEVER attempted to tune a car. Posting logs are a form of "shortcut" for people who don't have access to a real Dyno. The more "seasoned" folks have done some homework and have a little experience so they read their own logs and make adjustments accordingly......

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/

Ahmad89

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
Hi there
regarding Supra 2020 manufactured on March 2020 is it possible to be locked!!