Active Sound Design

GR1109LE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR SUPRA LE #1109, 2018 AUDI S6
Today I used Bimmercode to turn off active sound design among some other changes. The sound system is much clearer now and sounds amazing.

Problem I have now is, the exhaust note even in sport mode is very tame. What exhaust system have you guys used to compensate for the missing fake exhaust note?

I hope this is the right section, didnt know whether to go in exhaust section or audio.

Thank you
Sponsored

Reactions: CJ-

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
Today I used Bimmercode to turn off active sound design among some other changes. The sound system is much clearer now and sounds amazing.

Problem I have now is, the exhaust note even in sport mode is very tame. What exhaust system have you guys used to compensate for the missing fake exhaust note?

I hope this is the right section, didnt know whether to go in exhaust section or audio.

Thank you
I recommend you getting a downpipe and a tune. Sound awesome

OP
OP

GR1109LE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I recommend you getting a downpipe and a tune. Sound awesome
I would love to but don't want to lose warranty just yet. Haven't decided the future with the Supra yet.

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to but don't want to lose warranty just yet. Haven't decided the future with the Supra yet.
U can flash back to stock in a second.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
U can flash back to stock in a second.
They can count flashes. If you need a trans replacement or an engine rebuild, that will be checked and the warranty denied. There is also backend logging of operating parameters that isn’t wiped as well. Small stuff you should be okay, large items you will cry if BMW forums are anything to go by.

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They can count flashes. If you need a trans replacement or an engine rebuild, that will be checked and the warranty denied. There is also backend logging of operating parameters that isn’t wiped as well. Small stuff you should be okay, large items you will cry if BMW forums are anything to go by.
Its ok. Its not my daily drive

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Swapping just the downpipe for better sound may still be ok for him. Just changing the downpipe wont cause any sort of loss of warranty. It doesnt hurt his car even without a tune.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Is Titan's ProTune piggyback untraceable? Couldn't you remove that and take it to a dealer and they wouldn't know? Obviously not as much power and flexibility as a real flash tune but I don't need gobs of power

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Is Titan's ProTune piggyback untraceable? Couldn't you remove that and take it to a dealer and they wouldn't know? Obviously not as much power and flexibility as a real flash tune but I don't need gobs of power
All are traceable. The only issue is how much work it will be and the level of certainty. It is harder to trace than a flash, that is certain. Just because some who sell these say they are untraceable does not make it true.

Read up on piggybacks and warranty on BMW forums. They have gotten wiser over the years and if they want to find it, they have a decent shot of getting enough proof, circumstantial or otherwise.

OP
OP

GR1109LE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes warranty is my main issue. The thing is my daily is a 2018 Audi S6, I dont know which one to go all out on and blow the warranty. Supra is the best bang per dollar on mods as Audi mods and tuning is very expensive.

If I modify the supra and lose the warranty it will not look good if I ever want to sell it (dont plan on selling Supra) if I lose the warranty on the Audi it's okay as it's not a special car, sell it and get something else.

One question, since the supra is basically a bmw, unfortunately, if Dinan came out with some performance package with bolt ons and tune, you guys think warranty would be in tact or since it's a "Toyota" that wouldnt work?

Thank you for all the inputs

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Yes warranty is my main issue. The thing is my daily is a 2018 Audi S6, I dont know which one to go all out on and blow the warranty. Supra is the best bang per dollar on mods as Audi mods and tuning is very expensive.

If I modify the supra and lose the warranty it will not look good if I ever want to sell it (dont plan on selling Supra) if I lose the warranty on the Audi it's okay as it's not a special car, sell it and get something else.

One question, since the supra is basically a bmw, unfortunately, if Dinan came out with some performance package with bolt ons and tune, you guys think warranty would be in tact or since it's a "Toyota" that wouldnt work?

Thank you for all the inputs
It's a toyota not going to work. It already says in the manual warranty work cant be down at bmw. And you would have to go to BMW to get the dinan stuff installed. Well if you dont plan in selling it until after warranty period it wouldnt matter at that point.

OP
OP

GR1109LE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's a toyota not going to work. It already says in the manual warranty work cant be down at bmw. And you would have to go to BMW to get the dinan stuff installed. Well if you dont plan in selling it until after warranty period it wouldnt matter at that point.
If I can hold off until warranty is gone, the day warranty expires UPS will be dropping off a lot of boxes. Seeing all these sick Supra's give a nasty itch to modify. I believe Adam LZ is in the 9s with stock motor, NUTS
Sponsored