Add a mono amp and sub: Technic PNP?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Does anyone know if one of the Technic PNP harnesses works for the Supra 3.0? I’d like to add a sub (the stock subs will never be sufficient). On their webpage (www.technicpnp.com) there is an option for Z4, but not the same audio system.

I added a sub in my M240i and their harness made it a breeze.
Sponsored

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I'd definitely like to find out as well. They do list a few options depending on which sound system is equipped, but emailing them would probably be the fastest way to know for certain.

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd definitely like to find out as well. They do list a few options depending on which sound system is equipped, but emailing them would probably be the fastest way to know for certain.
I sent an email and will post if I find anything out. It would make audio work on our cars much easier for many of us. I’d like to install a trunk-o-funk.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I sent an email and will post if I find anything out. It would make audio work on our cars much easier for many of us. I’d like to install a trunk-o-funk.
Any update on this? I'm really curious as to whether one of their harnesses will work with our existing system. And if necessary, I'd be happy to email them for a response too.

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any update on this? I'm really curious as to whether one of their harnesses will work with our existing system. And if necessary, I'd be happy to email them for a response too.
I have asked a couple of times and no response. I’m going to call next week. I think I know which harness will fit and, if I don’t get an answer, I like a chance on it for the sake of other forum members.

if I find anything out I’ll let y’all know. Might be able to scour the Bimmerpost forums and make a match by looking at photos from other folks installs.

I have an install scheduled for early Feb.: going to put in an RF P3D2 12” sub with a JL amp (500 watts RMS @4 ohms). I do have a 15”, but that flirts with being silly in a Supra even for me.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Cool. I've got an Alpine PDR-M65 that I was thinking would pair nicely with a shallow mount DVC Kicker L7 (12"). The factory system sounds pretty good, but I think that having plenty of sonic headroom is always wise, especially when it comes to low bass response. ?

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cool. I've got an Alpine PDR-M65 that I was thinking would pair nicely with a shallow mount DVC Kicker L7 (12"). The factory system sounds pretty good, but I think that having plenty of sonic headroom is always wise, especially when it comes to low bass response. ?
This is the enclosure I plan to put just behind the stock sub enclosure. It’s a bit smaller than the optimum size, but it should work well enough.
E488F5DB-CA1E-4A4B-A348-78875585D47A.jpeg

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Any update on the Technicpnp? I noticed on the site they list a Z4 G29, could that work?

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any update on the Technicpnp? I noticed on the site they list a Z4 G29, could that work?
Here is what the owner wrote to me:

“Please enter 3-Series (F3x/F8x) -> Top HiFi(688) at the main page of www.TechnicPnP.com for the complete selection of products to integrate aftermarket amps and speakers to your particular OEM sound system. No other OEM system integration product on any other page works in your car. “

Looking at photos, the pins and whatnot seem to line up. And, it wouldn’t be that surprising if the spec’d a different amp than the Z4. I think one of us is just going to have to try it.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
So essentially this harness exposes the needed high level wires to connect to a LOC or DSP/AMP. I did not notice female RCA's on this harness.
IMG_0386.jpg

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So essentially this harness exposes the needed high level wires to connect to a LOC or DSP/AMP. I did not notice female RCA's on this harness.
IMG_0386.jpg
They also have this:
E1E57ECC-28ED-4902-AF2A-668C740D83E2.jpeg

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
So that will plug into the T Harness I posted and converting to low level signal via RCA's. My concern is the factory EQ not flattening enough through that LOC.

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They also have this:
E1E57ECC-28ED-4902-AF2A-668C740D83E2.jpeg
Admittedly, I know not a lot about electronics and car audio, so if anyone here is in the know, please advise:

I already have an LC2i LOC. Is there any reason I should purchase the kit that includes the Wavtech LOC or is it OK to purchase that only includes the pnp harness?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Admittedly, I know not a lot about electronics and car audio, so if anyone here is in the know, please advise:

I already have an LC2i LOC. Is there any reason I should purchase the kit that includes the Wavtech LOC or is it OK to purchase that only includes the pnp harness?
No you do not need this additional kit if your using the LC2i. Only the PNP harness will suffice.