Advice with lowering

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m finally going to lower the car soon and this will be my first time, with any car. It will probably be on H&R or RSR down springs (not superdowns). I just had a few questions.

To maximize handling benefit (obviously in lieu of superior coilovers lol), do you guys think I should adjust negative camber outside of the 2021+ alignment specs? If that’s the recommendation, do I need front control arms, since camber is non adjustable in the front? I’m lowering mostly for the looks, but I would like to attain as many benefits as possible…

My other question is about is spring silencers, are they something I should be purchasing simultaneously? I want to avoid the clunking some other members had to deal with at first. I’m not sure if that issue just depends on the severity of the drop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m finally going to lower the car soon and this will be my first time, with any car. It will probably be on H&R or RSR down springs (not superdowns). I just had a few questions.

To maximize handling benefit (obviously in lieu of superior coilovers lol), do you guys think I should adjust negative camber outside of the 2021+ alignment specs? If that’s the recommendation, do I need front control arms, since camber is non adjustable in the front? I’m lowering mostly for the looks, but I would like to attain as many benefits as possible…

My other question is about is spring silencers, are they something I should be purchasing simultaneously? I want to avoid the clunking some other members had to deal with at first. I’m not sure if that issue just depends on the severity of the drop.
While i'm not sure if you need control arms, I do know you should realign it according to your setup.
I'm running H&R springs and I didn't need silencers, no clunks etc.

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
Running Teins here. They came with the “silencers” on the springs. Easy install, perfect stance on OEM wheels, and spacers added. Absolutely dont have any regrets. Hope this helps your decision

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
On H&R's. Couldn't tell you if i needed silencers because i bought silencers before i bought the springs lol. Other than that, ride quality is A1. 👌🏽

OP
OP
obito

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On H&R's. Couldn't tell you if i needed silencers because i bought silencers before i bought the springs lol. Other than that, ride quality is A1. 👌🏽
Nice. What silencers did you get? Are you still running factory alignment specs with the drop?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. What silencers did you get? Are you still running factory alignment specs with the drop?
Tein Silencers, i'll get you the part number in a few minutes. And no, i haven't even aligned the car since the drop. LOL. #irresponsibleasfuck.

thtsupra

First Name
CM
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tein Silencers, i'll get you the part number in a few minutes. And no, i haven't even aligned the car since the drop. LOL. #irresponsibleasfuck.
You got the part number?

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom

ikingkhaos

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Here’s the ones I used for the rears. Which is the area you’ll get the most clunking from.
Tein (SPR02-G1497) Spring Silencer, Medium 90-130mm

You got the part number?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/so...with-lowering-springs-on-the-mkv-supra.10852/

akadic10

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
My eibach springs came with silencers for the rear springs and I heard some clunk at the front left when going slowly and steering, will take it apart tonight to double check everything first. Are silencers recommended for the front as well?

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
My eibach springs came with silencers for the rear springs and I heard some clunk at the front left when going slowly and steering, will take it apart tonight to double check everything first. Are silencers recommended for the front as well?
I just installed my eibachs yesterday and both the front and rear had silencers. Make sure you have the springs fully seated in the cups and check to make sure the swaybar/endlinks arent binding up. I've only driven on mine maybe 20 miles to feel it out and didnt feel or hear anything weird.
Sponsored