Aftermarket Hood

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
So I just discovered that my tires have indeed burned through the clear coat and paint on my hood/fender (funny how they’re the same) since I’m running lowering springs and wide tire set up. I’m going to be adding more camber soon via some SPL control arms but still, I am a bit bummed about it. Thankfully it’s underneath and can’t be seen, but want to touch it up for the time being. Don’t want any corrosion.

Anyways, is anyone running a black or CF style aftermarket hood on their turbulence gray Supra? I tried searching online but can’t find any photos of how it would look. I have the CF mirror caps and love how it looks with the gray, and I think a CF hood would look nice (it doesn’t have to be real CF).

Thoughts or opinions and photos welcomed!
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I can't picture how this happened. Do you have pics of the damage, by chance, and would be willing to share them here?

Suprared

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I’m also in the market for a carbon hood but I’m not sure how good the fitment is for the seibon ?

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I believe the only good aftermarket option is Seibon as of right now, lead times are about 3 months. We have one dry carbon with red accents in stock, other than that, best to preorder!

-Josh

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can't picture how this happened. Do you have pics of the damage, by chance, and would be willing to share them here?
Sure. It's extremely minor and I already touched it up. Can only see it when the hood is open. Will post after work.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here you go. Noticed a little bit of rubber markings higher up than I first expected. Must’ve happened during the 80mph on ramp entrance I made last week ?

Area circled in red is where initial rubbing occurred and area between lighter red marking is faint rubber I just noticed. This is on the underside of the hood when opened, right above the front wheel.
Sponsored

Attachments