Aftermarket lug nuts

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Just wondering if anybody has installed any aftermarket lug nuts for their aftermarket wheels yet?

I know the A90 has lug bolts with threads rather than your typical hun studs where you thread a lug nut onto it.
Sponsored

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Just wondering if anybody has installed any aftermarket lug nuts for their aftermarket wheels yet?

I know the A90 has lug bolts with threads rather than your typical hun studs where you thread a lug nut onto it.
I used this stud conversion kit so that I could have 14 x 1.5 thread pattern and a much wider variety of lug nuts. I ended up getting the "race" ones that they offer on the site, love the look and ease of removing/installing wheels. They are even long enough for wheel spacers (I have 15 mm on back and 12 mm on front).

https://motorsporthardware.com/product/78mm-black-bullet-nose-race-stud-kit-14x125-14x15/

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I used this stud conversion kit so that I could have 14 x 1.5 thread pattern and a much wider variety of lug nuts. I ended up getting the "race" ones that they offer on the site, love the look and ease of removing/installing wheels. They are even long enough for wheel spacers (I have 15 mm on back and 12 mm on front).

https://motorsporthardware.com/product/78mm-black-bullet-nose-race-stud-kit-14x125-14x15/
thanks man! Will the factory lug bolts fit through most aftermarket wheels? Just trying to see if I can get the stud conv kit at a later time.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
You need to make sure the lug bolts (or nuts) have the same mating surface ("seat") shape as the aftermarket wheel. Some wheel mounting holes have a conical seat, some use a spherical seat. I have seen both types of wheels fitted to the Supra. The wheel seller/supplier should include the relevant lugs with the wheels (Tire Rack always does).

The stock wheels and lugs have standard BMW conical seats on the mounting holes. An aftermarket wheel would need to have the same conical seat shape to re-use the stock lugs.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase

How have these held up? Thinking about getting them so I wont have to deal with the lug bolts

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I ordered the same studs with their titan lug nuts. Will probably install this weekend.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
How have these held up? Thinking about getting them so I wont have to deal with the lug bolts
They are fantastic. Work well. Always taking wheels off and back on. Easy. Have not had any issues.