Sponsored

Aftermarket Recovery Points - Rough Country?

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Been checking out aftermarket recovery points after seeing a paid review on YT for Nytop.

I'm a little shocked with the Nytop price, and I can't justify their cost. Its just too much for some basic steel plate.

However, I just came across these Rough Country products, and they seem quite reasonable for much less.

Is this a case of 'you get what you pay for' or are Rough Country products actually pretty good?
Also, is it stupid to clamp a recovery point to your hitch supports rather than directly bolted to the frame?

Rough Country:
Rear Shackles ($130USD)
Front Shackles ($150USD)

NyTop For comparison:
Front 'Bumper' and recovery points ($1000 USD)
Rear Recovery Points ($330USD)
Front Recovery Points ($230 USD)
Sponsored

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
In the 4x4 world, Rough Country suspension is generally frowned upon, but I'm sure their other parts are fine. It's not like anyone will know anyway.

But yeah, parts for these trucks are expensive. I recently paid $1200 bucks for rock sliders. Sliders for the 3rd gen Tacoma are cheaper.

OP
OP

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Thank you!
My previous 4x4 didn't have the market exposure that Taco's have and Rough Country is new to me. I do expect some jacked prices, but I'm sure there are some diamonds out there where the quality and price have a nice balance.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
In the 4x4 world, Rough Country suspension is generally frowned upon, but I'm sure their other parts are fine. It's not like anyone will know anyway.

But yeah, parts for these trucks are expensive. I recently paid $1200 bucks for rock sliders. Sliders for the 3rd gen Tacoma are cheaper.
It's a new truck, they're gonna charge what they can for the people who want the latest and newest. It'll probably take a few years for the other manufacturers to get their stuff out for the prices to start dropping. I'm hoping at least CBI will have some Christmas sales.. I'm holding off on purchasing stuff until then.
Sponsored