Alarm/flat battery

E4EVL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AMG GTS - sold awaiting a replacement
Okay... so currently led in bed, it’s like 4am here so I can’t do anything about it at the mo but we just woke up to the sound of an alarm going off. Looked outside and all 3 cars seemed fine, no lights flashing or anything. I went downstairs to check regardless, picked the keys up and hit unlock on the supra, nothing happened. No lights, no folding mirrors, no unlocking. It’s minus 3 degrees C so a little snow on the car and frozen over hence it’ll have to wait til morning (proper morning, there is only one 4 o clock I should be seeing in a day!)

although the car gets driven very little, I did take the car out on 27th so only like three days ago, fifteen miles or so/half hour each way so should be enough time to charge and I’ve had no signs or indications that the battery has been low.

anyways... I went outside and walked to the other end of the driveway so the car was behind me to see if I could distinguish where the alarm sound was coming from. The siren was so loud I couldn’t tell if it was the supra or not! Weirdly I touched the bootlid/trunk (don’t see the relevance) and all of a sudden the siren stopped after a few minutes of going off...

anyone had a similar issue or can shed any light on this? And if the
battery is dead, how do I access it to try and charge it as the boot release won’t work being electric powered?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Can't comment for the alarm.

For battery numerous threads exists, but in short, use the key in the fob to manually open the door. Pop the hood. Find red cap positive lead and to the left, find the negative chassis hook up. Connect charger/jump starter to these and charge...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/battery-charger-placement.2896/

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
on my car, when the alarm goes off the parkings lights also flash. I would assume the UK market cars do the same. Were yours flashing? Also, I believe it’s normal for most car alarms to self silence after 2 or 3 minutes. So if it did go off after you touched the car, itbwas Most likely a coincidence.

Good luck .

OP
OP
E4EVL

E4EVL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AMG GTS - sold awaiting a replacement
All fixed now, the battery was just too flat to do anything, it could sound the alarm but couldn’t even flash the headlights it’s was so low! The joys of covid, lockdown, barely driving and cold weather!
Sponsored