AMS Wind Buffeting Kit - Noise with windows up?

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I recently installed the AMS wind buffeting kit and I am trying to figure out if some wind noise I am noticing (with the windows up) already existed before installation, or is due to the kit.

https://www.amsperformance.com/product/ams-performance-mkv-toyota-gr-supra-anti-buffeting-kit/

Basically, with the windows closed, I am noticing a slight amount of "wind noise", like the kind that might make you check that the windows are up all the way, or that you might hear if driving in heavy wind and you can hear it blowing against the car. Just a little bit, and its impossible to notice if radio is on etc. The thing is, I honestly can't say if this is something that was always there stock and maybe I am now just noticing it.

It's a minor thing either way, but curious to see if anyone else has noticed this.

They do work great for eliminating the wind buffeting issue with the windows open, no complaints there.

IMG_0266.jpg
Sponsored

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Got the same kit and notice on the passenger side there is a slight whistle happening, that side was 100% lined up when installed and is a bit off compared to the drivers side. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s just a little gap somewhere causing the whistle to happen.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'll keep an eye out on my next drive. I did add more 3M tape than what came with it, so that's a variable for me. It might also get drowned out over my intake as well.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
This doesn't help you guys with the AMS kit, but I got the Fabspeed kit and it works perfectly (if you are thinking of buying, or if you are thinking of returning the AMS kit).

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I removed my AMS kit a week ago as I wanted to adjust it since I didn't do a perfect job lining it up. Also going to use thinner and (hopefully) better positioned 3M tape that won't be visible at all from the outside at certain angles.

What I found after removing is I still get the same "wind noise" with the windows closed, so it didn't really have anything to do with the kit - was always there. I just didn't notice until after so was suspicious.

Will reinstall sometime in the next few weeks.

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I have the same issue, wind noise from the passenger side window, not exactly sure where it is but it seems to come from the top of the A pillar
The rubber seal looks good all the way around and I can't see any gaps from the outside.. annoying as hell

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I added two extra pieces of adhesive tape per side, one along the edge which has the raised lip, and one in the middle of the triangle that was formed. I didn't hear any wind noise that way.
Sponsored