First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The shop finally made a statement lol.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100067010024321

We here at Bespoke Motorsports would like to address the event that occurred on January 9th, 2023.
We would first and foremost like to thank the first responders and the good Samaritan that assisted our employee at the time of this accident. We would also like to acknowledge that our employee was relatively unharmed and was able to walk away from the accident.

Secondly, would like to address the disinformation that is online through either social media posts, independent publications and local news station(s).It has been reported that this event was our employee taking this car out for a joy ride. This is wholly incorrect. The employee was test driving the car for the purposes of verifying recent repairs made to the vehicle. Over the course of the test drive, while driving within the legal limits of the road he was on, the accident occurred.

Third, we are cooperating with insurance and will provide any and all information to make sure that the situation is resolved. This is a lengthy process, however, we will be seeing it through to the end.

We understand that people are passionate about this car and the events that occurred. Unfortunately, with highly modified cars, there is an inherent risk associated when driving and regrettably, this test drive resulted in an accident.

We unequivocally stand by our employee and our brand. We hope that you all can do the same.

Thank you -

Bespoke Motorsports
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I'm not going to defend the mechanic who did the work and who drove the car. I don't know anything about him or his shop. The Supra was in his care while he was servicing and tuning it.

But that SupraForums member Wreckless is a well known senior member there and is a No-BS fellow. He knows his stuff regarding MKIV's and tuning them forwards and backwards.
LSD aside...

Have you read read his post and the one made last night? It definitely seems like he has a conflict of interest. No other member or mod on SF has gone anywhere near that far in defending the shop.

The profile screenshot was removed because we don't know for sure who was behind the wheel. However, I replaced it with a link to the shop which is fair game IMO. Customers should have info regarding good and bad shops, and in the end, it was the shop's responsibility to get the car back safely to the owner.
My bad 😅

Flat out lying about not speed when there is a video and screen shot lol...

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Took me 3 separate occasions to finish reading 🤣 but you know LSDs well 😂
I should have tried to make my post a little more concise I admit 😅 But... I do suspect that what we saw at play here was a combination of old Torsen T-1 LSD quirks + high power beyond what that LSD was capable of predictably handling + cold weather conditions + cold and or slightly lower traction road conditions + possibly unsuitable tires for the weather conditions.

What I have experienced when this has occasionally happened with my Torsen T-1 is that when you have tires that are either not suitable for the road conditions or that ware severely worn down in the rear... either or both factors in cold and/or wet road conditions can result in this characteristic snap-back oversteer quirk.

Supra MKIV owners have talked about it for years.

It's not really a Torsen T-2 quirk. Toyota and Lexus still sell new cars with Torsen T-2's (and factory traction control). It's a Torsen T-1 quirk.

Choosing the right tires that handle most overall road conditions that I usually encounter has alll but eliminated my concerns while still running one of these long-lasting old T-1 LSD's in my SC.

But I'm also only pushing about 350hp so I'm not overloading its capabilities either.

Bottom line: This specific factory Supra MKIV LSD is very old technology. It's still a good LSD all around in a stock or very mildly boosted up driveline but it isn't what should be run over about 450-500whp. And even then one should be careful with it in the wet.

Many people still run the T-1's in their Supras, SC's and Soarers because they are in high demand and low supply and if not put against TOO much power they just tend to last a very long time with no regular rebuilds required. Perfect for stock-ish street cars. Again... I have one in my SC300. But I'm also not pushing the kind of power that MKIV was.

If you're building a seriously powerful Supra MKIV or other JZ chassis car it's better to go with an aftermarket LSD, the right set of tires for the road conditions and if possible install/program aftermarket traction control into the build. Modern LSDs (and the very rare factory T-2 Torsens that fit MKIVs) are just far more predictable and reliably handle more power.

Specifics as to how that car was equipped and set up just prior to the wreck are unknown to me... but I can speak to the above ^^

Last edited:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSD aside...

Have you read read his post and the one made last night? It definitely seems like he has a conflict of interest. No other member or mod on SF has gone anywhere near that far in defending the shop.
I haven't checked up on that thread in the last couple of days. I will look.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
why would they lie about going within the "legal limits" when there is clear evidence that says otherwise :what:

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
why would they lie about going within the "legal limits" when there is clear evidence that says otherwise :what:
Maybe for insurance purposes? Also I'm more than willing to bet that the lawyers for the shop will bring into question if the car making taking the vid had a proper working speedometer.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is dat a 2JZ GTE Supra?

Last edited:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A 510hp BMW M3 Competition with a DCT transmission vs the Garage Whifbitz built A80 Supra with a 700hp single turbo bolted to a BMW 7-speed DCT transmission controlled by a Syvecs ECU with paddle shifters fitted to the steering wheel.

Here the infamous top end of a tuned 2JZ shines as expected but no longer are manual shift times doing as much to slow it down against a modern DCT car.

I'd still take a V160 6-speed manual A80 but the results are very impressive!

However if the BMW had the same amount of horsepower its greater efficiency would likely beat out the Supra.

Not that it matters really. Both cars are fantastic!

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I LOVE the nyc ammo channel, love just unwinding before bed time with a nice detailing video.
I'm UK based as my username suggests so sadly no AMMO overseas or I'd 100% like to try some of his unique chemicals - over here we bave autofinesse which is good.

He's such an honest humble guy 🙃

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I live in CT and I dream about having Larry do a complete detail with paint correction on my Supra. Love his channel and his attitude.

I'll have to check this video out tonight.
Sponsored