ANY BUSINESS ON HERE *EXHAUST QUESTION*

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So today guys was a pretty sad day for me. Ive had my 21 3.0 supra since march 10th. Crazy enough it took me 2 months prior to even getting the car to nail down the exhaust. Because im the type that like loud an aggressive exhaust I decided to go with the Magnaflow Xmod. I mostly like this one due to its customizable parts depending on how you wanted the sound to be. Well I placed the order April 29th.....today I got a call saying it was going to be a slight delay. When someone says slight delay from the 30days you think 45......ohhhhh no...called them back (truck driver so try not to use the phone while driving even with my headset) an was told mid July. Um I dont know about you guys but thats not a slight delay thats one hell of a step backwards. Im not sure why a business doesn't keep these in stock considering the demand for them but guess Magnaflow just does things on their own terms.

So that being said I just went ahead an canceled the order. Now that comes to my question. Does ANY BUSINESS on here actually have this thing in stock? Now im not talking about ya we have it in stock but have to order it....im talking its ready to be shipped out the door!? Post on here as soon as you can or message me directly if you do. If not ill be back to searching again. I thought about maybe the Borla but ive been reading the Tips have been discoloring after a bit of time an dealing with the heat. Boost Logic is out of the question...price is kinda of the issue but the tin can sound is what turns me off the most. (valves closed an I do need to keep the valve option)

Any recommendations on an aggressive exhaust would help. Also it is tuned VIA MHD also running a catless DP from AMS
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I doubt anyone has any in stock, because of the reason that you mentioned. Demand is high, and these are basically handmade. Your best/fastest bet would be to stay in the line you're in, rather than get in a different line at the end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SavageGTR34

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I doubt anyone has any in stock, because of the reason that you mentioned. Demand is high, and these are basically handmade. Your best/fasted bet would be to stay in the line you're in, rather than get in a different line at the end.
Unfortunately that’s not really an option I have. See I’m a truck driver and I’m out for five months at a time I was making a special trip home 5 June through the 12th just to put this on. So and I’ll technicality the next time I would be home would be September or October. That’s why I ordered it directly from magnaflow to see if it will get there sooner unfortunately that’s not the caseSo I ended up canceling it an hour ago

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The whole aftermarket parts industry is behind right now. We are starting to see the ripple effects of Covid plus that stupid cargo ship getting stuck in the canal and now the chip shortage.

Unless you can find a used take off someone wants to part with your looking at several months for delivery.

I do wish all the vendors on here would update their websites to reflect this. I hate buying something supposedly in stock then being told not it stock and then going through the whole payment reversal since they make you pay for it at checkout.

-RJM

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
Yeah...I feel your frustration. I cannot stand "in stock", when the item is not physically in the vendor's possession. It's false advertisement. I understand that drop shipping is the way to go for a number of reasons, but "in stock" is misleading. Especially when you order something that states it is in stock and then you get a reply that the item is on backorder for x amount of time, or indefinitely.

I also agree with your thoughts on the Borla. They should have a additional tip options. I've never been into carbon tips. Its an area that gets dirty and I prefer metal tips. The carbon doesn't match the glossy carbon on the rest of the car either...doesn't fit in my opinion. The fact that they are discoloring only adds to my dislike. If it was offered with other tip options I would likely get one. It sounds great...gets good reviews from owners.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Bro, I just dropped 6k on parts this week. Including the HKS Intake, and magnaflow x mod, AA DP. Most of my shit isn't coming until July.
I ordered a mirror from Austria in January for my KTM, along with thousands of dollars worth of other parts. Still waiting on that mirror. And it's still on the way. This is the nature of things post covid. You can suck it up and get on the list and be patient or just buy something else. The X Mod, active autowerke downpipe and other parts are of very high quality and will be in very high demand. There are already 80 pre orders at one store for the HKS intake when I asked about ETA, just to give you an example.You probably lost your spot in line now with the X mod sadly. Good luck finding any high quality high demand parts on demand right now bruh. #Firstworldproblems

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We have Kooks, Akrapovic, Remus axle backs, and some AFE exhausts in stock. Others are in bound, but I'm talking about in stock ready to ship today.

Everything is on heavy backorder.

-Josh

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Took my AWE a month to get shipped. It's just the way things are nowadays. I do wish websites would list a product as unavailable however.

OP
OP
SavageGTR34

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We have Kooks, Akrapovic, Remus axle backs, and some AFE exhausts in stock. Others are in bound, but I'm talking about in stock ready to ship today.

Everything is on heavy backorder.

-Josh
Im just not sure about those. Im looking for deep, aggressive note an especially loud when in sport mode. Sure the Xmod fit the bill but when you put 30 day delivery on your website but then come back an say July...not really 30 day. So need something aggressive as hell

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Im just not sure about those. Im looking for deep, aggressive note an especially loud when in sport mode. Sure the Xmod fit the bill but when you put 30 day delivery on your website but then come back an say July...not really 30 day. So need something aggressive as hell
I'm not trying to be a dick, but it seems like you need to adjust your expectations a bit. From what I'm gathering here, your heart is set on XMod, the wait is either until July (or later now that you got out of line) and you figure out how to ship one to wherever you are, find one used, or go with one of the many other options that are in stock.

At the end of the day, it's a car. Exhausts alone don't add power, so you don't need it for a professional race, which I doubt is your use case anyway. It seems to me that you really want something, and you just can't get it right now. If your heart is set on the Magnaflow, wait for it.

Additionally, there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of videos online that show the exhaust note of many of the other solutions, some of which various vendors have in stock and are ready to ship them. I'm particularly fond of the Resonated AWE Touring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

@Meraki Autoworks Is great, with fast shipping. AFE and Akrapovic exhausts both have a pretty decent note.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'd say the Borla is a great one but we don't have them in stock, they're expected to come sometime in June. Lot of the good systems are all sold out because they're good. haha

-Josh

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Sounds like the OP is looking for obnoxiously loud...I don't believe the Borla would be to his liking it's just not loud enough...
The borla does have a great sound though..
I'd say the Borla is a great one but we don't have them in stock, they're expected to come sometime in June. Lot of the good systems are all sold out because they're good. haha

-Josh

OP
OP
SavageGTR34

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds like the OP is looking for obnoxiously loud...I don't believe the Borla would be to his liking it's just not loud enough...
The borla does have a great sound though..
Speed Industry came through for me. Went with the AWE resonated exhaust. Track edition had a drone issue that was talked about in a few vids and since I already have a catless DP from AMS its going to be pretty loud so hopefully Ill get it on ASAP

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Speed Industry came through for me. Went with the AWE resonated exhaust. Track edition had a drone issue that was talked about in a few vids and since I already have a catless DP from AMS its going to be pretty loud so hopefully Ill get it on ASAP

Gotta tell ya..I just installed an AWE with performance mid pipe on my daughters 435i and thought it would've been louder then it is..don't get me wrong it sounds great just not that loud...
I know not the same motor..just a reference..
Maybe the catless dp will add some volume?
Best of luck..hope the exhaust is what you're looking for..

Steve

OP
OP
SavageGTR34

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gotta tell ya..I just installed an AWE with performance mid pipe on my daughters 435i and thought it would've been louder then it is..don't get me wrong it sounds great just not that loud...
I know not the same motor..just a reference..
Maybe the catless dp will add some volume?
Best of luck..hope the exhaust is what you're looking for..

Steve
Catless DP will actually add more volume because your drastically increasing the flow an from turbo back it’s damn near straight. Only thing holding mine back a bit will be the resonators but that ls more about drone. If you check out a post on YouTube by Bros Four Speed it’s almost on par with the Magnaflow. Granted the xmod is interchangeable an is throaty and also maintain the valve but who knows maybe down the line I’ll end up going with the xmod later. Just couldn’t wait on it now since my vacation is based around my trucking schedule.
Sponsored