Any Lightweight Black Wheels I Can Throw Stock Tires On?

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Hey all,

I'm in the market for a new set of wheels for my Supra 2.0, and all I know is I want them in black and the same weight or lighter than stock. I dig the classic five spoke or seven spoke design. I also would like to transfer the stock tires because I only have 5k miles on them, and then I'm going to use the stock wheels as my winter set. What are my options, and will I need spacers?

Thanks!
Sponsored

lordwalker

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, Macan GTS, RS5, Model Y
You won't need spacers if you get wheels with proper fitment. Usually 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10.5 +35 or similar. Although I don't know if 2.0 owners run 19s or not typically.

Gram Lights 57CRs are a budget 5 spoke, Advan GTs are the premium option. Work CR Kiwamis are very similar to the stock wheels but that's a split spoke option. I personally just ordered Volk TE37SLs (6 spoke) which are probably the most popular aftermarket wheel on the forum.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Budget?

If weight is priority, nobody beats litespeed racing.
Not even in regular aluminum versions.
They are the lightest, hands down.

Probably looking at around $3600 for a set of 4 though.

https://www.litespeedracing.com/wheel-collection

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
TItan7 TS5s are forged, and a split 5 spoke setup which do come in 18s, so they'll be lighter for sure (estimate ~5 lbs per wheel), and are extremely budget friendly compared to your other forged options -- I ended up paying $3k for mine, which is great for a forged set. However, I'm not 100% sure on fitment with stock tires for 2.0s -- I don't remember the exact specs.

I purchased my 19" TS5s from @Meraki Autoworks , shoutout to Josh for helping me out with going through specs and all with my purchase.

OP
OP
Bad Karma

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Stock 2.0 wheels are 18", and the tires are 255/40R18 in the front and 275/40R18 in the rear.

Good choice on the Volk TE37s. Can't go wrong with that wheel at all!

OP
OP
Bad Karma

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Yeah I think 18" volk are your best option.

-Josh
Thanks, Josh!
Budget?

If weight is priority, nobody beats litespeed racing.
Not even in regular aluminum versions.
They are the lightest, hands down.

Probably looking at around $3600 for a set of 4 though.

https://www.litespeedracing.com/wheel-collection
Prolly less than or equal to $3k for the set. I've been living in the city and out of the car game for a long time. I can't believe how expensive the aftermarket has gotten. I paid over $3k for PPF and ceramic recently; so this is going to be a summer purchase for me after I recoup some funds.

OP
OP
Bad Karma

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Did anyone suggest powdercoated 3.0 Premium wheels? Forged, classic five-spoke design, and probably the most cost-effective option, though you wouldn't be able to transfer your 18" tires.

OP
OP
Bad Karma

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Did anyone suggest powdercoated 3.0 Premium wheels? Forged, classic five-spoke design, and probably the most cost-effective option, though you wouldn't be able to transfer your 18" tires.
My detailing guy suggested just powdercoating the stock wheels but I want another set of wheels anyways for snow tires (live in New England) and I'm not that crazy about the stock wheel design on either the 2.0 or 3.0 to be honest.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I got 18x9.5 Niche Misano's (matte) on mine. I personally like the looks and not as expensive as other brands. Fits both front and rear OEM tires and you don't need spacers.
Couldn't say how it compares to stock wheels in terms of weight.

IMG_5404.JPG

CKF201

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I got 18x9.5 Niche Misano's (matte) on mine. I personally like the looks and not as expensive as other brands. Fits both front and rear OEM tires and you don't need spacers.

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG
So these would fit

IMG_5404.JPG
so these would fit on the stock 18 inch tires? Cause ik its 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the rear. I’m looking to buy some black rims but just making sure that 18x9.5 will fit on the stock tires.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
so these would fit on the stock 18 inch tires? Cause ik its 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the rear. I’m looking to buy some black rims but just making sure that 18x9.5 will fit on the stock tires.
Yes they will
Sponsored