Sponsored

Anyone considering a bed cap topper?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I should have probably started a new thread for this, so sorry if I hijacked this thread.

I am going to try the topper out the first weekend of May, but I will likely be returning it after that. The customer support from Flated is the best I have ever seen and were trying to work with me whether I wanted to keep it and try to make it work or return it. One solution they mentioned trying was to get some waterproof flashing-type material like laminate and attach it to the topper so the gap is not there between the bed and the topper, but I do not see how I could keep that attached and trust it not to come off when driving. They are also offering me to return it for a full refund or keep it and get a discount trade-in when they come out with a version specifically for the 2024 Tacoma. The problem is that it will be 8-12 months they said. By then, other soft topper options should be available or if I still cannot find something that I prefer, I can give Flated's new version a try because I really do like how easy it is to install and remove as well as store. And I agree that it would be much better to have an option that turns it into a sort of extended bed camper. My current plan was to use a tarp that I attach and hope I get the run-off right.

You must have been the customer they referenced when I called today. The spoiler issue sucks. They said it was a couple inches of it pushed back but your pictures show it just isn't workable.
Sponsored

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
I am going to try the topper out the first weekend of May, but I will likely be returning it after that. The customer support from Flated is the best I have ever seen and were trying to work with me whether I wanted to keep it and try to make it work or return it. One solution they mentioned trying was to get some waterproof flashing-type material like laminate and attach it to the topper so the gap is not there between the bed and the topper, but I do not see how I could keep that attached and trust it not to come off when driving. They are also offering me to return it for a full refund or keep it and get a discount trade-in when they come out with a version specifically for the 2024 Tacoma. The problem is that it will be 8-12 months they said. By then, other soft topper options should be available or if I still cannot find something that I prefer, I can give Flated's new version a try because I really do like how easy it is to install and remove as well as store. And I agree that it would be much better to have an option that turns it into a sort of extended bed camper. My current plan was to use a tarp that I attach and hope I get the run-off right.
Good to know and thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good company and a good future option to look at. Just also hope they can tone down the company logos all over it and have something more subtle. If they came up with a short bed sleeping solution like I was wishing for (NOT their platform bed... what is the point of that?) it would become a shut-up-and-take-my-money product.