Sponsored

Anyone have issues with low-beam headlight coverage/distance and shadow? Adjust headlights?

WaitingToo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just drove my new Limited at night for the first time and found low-beam headlights shone only about/less than 30' in front of truck! Also has an odd shaped shadow pattern as light dissipates about 30' out. Cannot image this is how headlights were designed, not only unsafe only seeing <30' out but such an obvious shadow pattern distracts during driving. We're in the country with plenty of deer and the like to avoid!
Sponsored

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just drove my new Limited at night for the first time and found low-beam headlights shone only about/less than 30' in front of truck! Also has an odd shaped shadow pattern as light dissipates about 30' out. Cannot image this is how headlights were designed, not only unsafe only seeing <30' out but such an obvious shadow pattern distracts during driving. We're in the country with plenty of deer and the like to avoid!
I assume you are aware you can adjust the angle of the headlights and have tried that? There should be a dial in the area above the aux switches left of the steering column for that.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
You need to adjust them. Theres a dial to the left of the steering wheel, down close to the door.

OP
OP

WaitingToo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thank you (among the reasons we love this forum!)... Did notice the instructions in the owner's manual - yes, did read it upon receipt lol - but would have thought factory setting would have been better. Will adjust...

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Thank you (among the reasons we love this forum!)... Did notice the instructions in the owner's manual - yes, did read it upon receipt lol - but would have thought factory setting would have been better. Will adjust...
It adjusts really easily. Someone wiping down the interior as part of a PDI could easily have adjusted it without knowing.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Do you guys have any idea what the recommended setting is? I don’t have my truck yet but I’ve watched a ton of videos and that was the question I had about the adjustable low beams.

I’m assuming the highbeams have a fixed setting.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Do you guys have any idea what the recommended setting is? I don’t have my truck yet but I’ve watched a ton of videos and that was the question I had about the adjustable low beams.

I’m assuming the highbeams have a fixed setting.

From the owners manual:

2024 Tacoma Anyone have issues with low-beam headlight coverage/distance and shadow? Adjust headlights? h1.PNG

2024 Tacoma Anyone have issues with low-beam headlight coverage/distance and shadow? Adjust headlights? h2.PNG
Sponsored