084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
My garage has low ceiling which makes a traditional 2-post or 4-post lift prohibitive.

I am looking to buy a “QuickJack.”

On their website they say to make sure to measure, as their larger truck jacks may be too large to line up up with the jacking points on smaller cars....

I have a LX470, 4Runner, will have a Supra, hopefully in the next 2 months, and also plan on buying a LX570 by winter.

Ideally, I want a jack that can work with all applications rather than buying two of them.

I wrote the company and got a quick response to buy their biggest one to “hurry up to get it in time for Father’s Day.”

Lol Anyway, I have a feeling the rep that wrote me was more excited about selling a jack than making sure it would work.

With that in mind, I am wondering if anybody has access to, or knowledge of these measurements on the Supra.

6FE00155-881A-405D-B6F1-CEEF8490BBB3.png

Or, if you have a recommendations for a different lift/jack, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
My garage has low ceiling which makes a traditional 2-post or 4-post lift prohibitive.

I am looking to buy a “QuickJack.”

On their website they say to make sure to measure, as their larger truck jacks may be too large to line up up with the jacking points on smaller cars....

I have a LX470, 4Runner, will have a Supra, hopefully in the next 2 months, and also plan on buying a LX570 by winter.

Ideally, I want a jack that can work with all applications rather than buying two of them.

I wrote the company and got a quick response to buy their biggest one to “hurry up to get it in time for Father’s Day.”

Lol Anyway, I have a feeling the rep that wrote me was more excited about selling a jack than making sure it would work.

With that in mind, I am wondering if anybody has access to, or knowledge of these measurements on the Supra.

6FE00155-881A-405D-B6F1-CEEF8490BBB3.png

Or, if you have a recommendations for a different lift/jack, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
I don't know where the jacking points are, but the wheelbase is extremely short. I think in the 90 inch range.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know where the jacking points are, but the wheelbase is extremely short. I think in the 90 inch range.
Thanks, I think I will prolly just wait til I have the car before ordering it...I am just trying to find things to do during this waiting period..

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I think I will prolly just wait til I have the car before ordering it...I am just trying to find things to do during this waiting period..
There is a thread on the forum with a link to the owners manual. I was reading it last night and it has the exact information you need.

Good luck.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
You know there are lots of 4 post jacks that can work with an 8 foot ceiling right? A scissor jack will give you access to the suspension which a 4 post won't, but often a 4 post is still more useful.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know there are lots of 4 post jacks that can work with an 8 foot ceiling right? A scissor jack will give you access to the suspension which a 4 post won't, but often a 4 post is still more useful.

I live in a tiny town....so everything I buy is online.

Do you have links to any that you recommend?

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I'm not saying you would be able to lift it to the full height of the lift, but you could get the car as high as a scissor jack or higher. There are many that would fit in your space, this the first I found on a quick search. Full rise is...

Max. Lifting Height: 74.5"

https://www.babco.ca/BendPak-HD-9?gclid=CP3-tbCR2eICFcofrQYdzJkAZA

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
I suggest measuring those dimensions on a Z4, they should be close enough.

Regarding lift choices, I have a 4-post in my garage which serves the main purpose of parking/storage. A 2-post has a main purpose of working on a car. A 4-post in your application would be less useful in your application due to the low ceiling height (what is low?) and the height of a 4Runner and an LX570.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Like many shops, when it comes to the 2 vs 4 post debate, the clear winner is always...both! There are things that are much better to do on one then the other. Nothing beats a 4 post for ease of use and getting a car up in the air as quick as possible. They are the best for fluid changes because of this usually. You can also work under the hood of the car when they are up in the air too, but their absolute best feature imo is being able to do alignments on them. You can also use them with bottle or floor Jack's to lift one end or corner at a time when they're up on a lift.

A scissor Jack might be better for you if do a lot of work with the wheels off. Their biggest downside is no access to the center of the underside of the car though.

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest measuring those dimensions on a Z4, they should be close enough.

Regarding lift choices, I have a 4-post in my garage which serves the main purpose of parking/storage. A 2-post has a main purpose of working on a car. A 4-post in your application would be less useful in your application due to the low ceiling height (what is low?) and the height of a 4Runner and an LX570.
Height is 8 feet to the ceiling....and subtract out room for the garage door opener and lights...

For the SUVs, the lift would basically be used for tire rotations...but hoping with the Supra it would give me some decent room underneath it...
9812F8A9-5178-4DAA-82E9-F14FCACC6BFE.jpeg

OP
OP
084runnerltd

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like many shops, when it comes to the 2 vs 4 post debate, the clear winner is always...both! There are things that are much better to do on one then the other. Nothing beats a 4 post for ease of use and getting a car up in the air as quick as possible. They are the best for fluid changes because of this usually. You can also work under the hood of the car when they are up in the air too, but their absolute best feature imo is being able to do alignments on them. You can also use them with bottle or floor Jack's to lift one end or corner at a time when they're up on a lift.

A scissor Jack might be better for you if do a lot of work with the wheels off. Their biggest downside is no access to the center of the underside of the car though.
I looked at some scissors jacks, but didn’t care for losing the area under the vehicle....that is the main thing that led me to QuickJack.

What I wouldn’t give for a larger garage... lol
Sponsored