Anyone using JB4?

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
How is it? Looking to only use on the map 1. Would i still have to plug it into obd port? That is only for the gauges and dtc reading correct?

How has it been? Does it drive normal?
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Itā€™s fine and reliable. Had one for 3 years on an n54.
Installed a cheap used jb4 on my 2021 when I thought my Ecu could not be unlocked.
Long term plan will be a custom tune at some point

to your questions:
Itā€™s easy, safe and reliable. Yes the obd2 cord is necessary for gauges and logging. I donā€™t know why you wouldnā€™t add? Took me 5 mins to run the cord.
I am running map 2 and 93 octane until I have time to I stall my dp. Then map3 and beyond w flex fuel and or custom tune. Drives normal until you get into it.

also the obd connection allows some other little tweaks little exhaust flap control.

OP
OP
dsipple92

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
When I say normal I am referring to shifting and if the acceleration is smooth or choppy?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
I've been running map 3 with EWG option and ODB plugged in, shifts pretty great. hard to say about map 1, but I assume it would do well.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Does this work with the 2021 Supras?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I run JB4 on my 2020. I only got a chance to try Map1 (93 octane) a few drives before I had to hibernate my car, but it was a significant bump in power.. like BIG bump. Unless hitting wider throttle angles on Map1, the car drove perfectly normal like stock (Map0).

Installation was cake, made a custom bracket for the module and mounted to the engine bay. Reliability wise, it has been 100% error free, connected each time through BT without a hitch, maps switched no problem. Some of the stalk controls work like opening/closing exhaust flap, but Burger mentioned it was still under development for full compatibility to the Supra.

The only concern I have is when I need to take the car in for smog check as the test place needs to stick an OBD2 scanner through the port. Burger mentioned to switch back to Map0 and unplug it.. was that the case for other BMW applications?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I say normal I am referring to shifting and if the acceleration is smooth or choppy?
smooth

I am not familiar with Cali. But yes I would imagine you set to map 0, and then unplug jb4 from OBD port and tuck up under the plastic. Unless they are purposely rooting around in that engine compartment, they should not know its there.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, I would definitely not want to be unplugging any more than just the OBD2 port connector just to get a smog check..

LVCATZ

First Name
Ameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV A90, S4 B8
I do have the JB4, I had some initial issues that took some time to resolve with getting the right combination of JB4 control board and the Bluetooth dongle. There are pinned and unpinned (power) versions of the board and they need to be matched up with the correct Bluetooth power needs. One of the Bluetooth failed on arrival. Once swapped, I was good to go.

Hit the Mustang Dyno yesterday at P2uned in Winchester, VA for a Open House Supra meet to see if I actually had some gains. To everyone's surprise, my numbers turned out great. More than I expected.

I have an Injen Intake, FTP Charge-Pipes, Active Autowerke Downpipe, and the JB4. I didn't run on Map 0 nor do I have stock numbers.

Map 1 = 389.4 HP | 435 TRQ
Map 2 = 396.2 HP | 449 TRQ
Map 3 = 399.2 HP | 479.2 TRQ

Very pleased. I want to look into WMI to see how that goes. Happy with Burger Motorsports BM so far and I know they make a kit. The APP is already ready for it as well. Anyone used BM WMI?

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Also, has anyone with a 2021 put one on a dyno to see what the power bump ends up being. The 2020's are seeing just shy of 400 on map 2, but that's not a very big jump for a 2021, would hope for at least 430 on the same map. Anyone have numbers?

LVCATZ

First Name
Ameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV A90, S4 B8
Are there any controls within JB4 to adjust the burble?
If you mean the burble/pops once it is in sport mode? You can control the flaps, I think this is the same as what sport mode does. Open, Close, Factory are the options.

It is controlled by holding in the BC button in the steering column.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Burbles are different than flap control.
No JB4 does not control burbles
But, you can flash in back end maps that have all sorts of more power and burbles

I have a 2021 w JB4. Run map 2 until I have time to install dp and the EWG Then I was going to dyno

guessing Iā€™m at 420-430 now and after dp, EWG and a map with a little corn I can be at 450.
See how I like it before ripping out and going flex fuel kit and a ecutek tune from one the pros

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Burbles are different than flap control.
No JB4 does not control burbles
But, you can flash in back end maps that have all sorts of more power and burbles

I have a 2021 w JB4. Run map 2 until I have time to install dp and the EWG Then I was going to dyno

guessing Iā€™m at 420-430 now and after dp, EWG and a map with a little corn I can be at 450.
See how I like it before ripping out and going flex fuel kit and a ecutek tune from one the pros
Thanks, this is exactly what I was wanting to know.
Sponsored