Advertisement

Apple Carplay Subscription

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by Meanie, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Meanie

Meanie Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2020 Supra
    Liked:
    You Drive and XtremeMaC like this.
  2. TreyE

TreyE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Trey
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra GR
    Liked:
    Interesting, I work at a BMW dealership and have sent an email to BMW NA to confirm - will update with findings!

You Drive, KingTai and XtremeMaC like this.
  3. TreyE

TreyE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Trey
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra GR
    Liked:
    He responded and said, I have heard that, wait until it comes out with an update in our internal system. Once I see it there at work I'll let y'all know. That will have official info. So nothing official official yet on how/what/when/where.

You Drive likes this.
  4. TreyE

TreyE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Trey
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra GR
    Liked:
    Here you go guys, for BMW though.

Starting on December 4, 2019, BMW is extending the Apple CarPlay Compatibility option for many BMW vehicles that are technically-capable for CarPlay.

In general the extension affects the following vehicles:

• All MY2019 and MY2020 vehicles, which were equipped with Apple CarPlay with 1-year trial of CarPlay as new vehicles from the factory. All of these MY2019 and MY2020 vehicles, including vehicles where the customers purchased CarPlay from the ConnectedDrive Store as a 1 year renewal, will be extended to a 20 year term for CarPlay. There is no change to the vehicles where customers purchased a 20-year term as no extension is needed
    • All MY2018 and MY2017 vehicles, where the customer purchased CarPlay from the ConnectedDrive Store as a 1 year term, will be extended to the 20 year term. For customers who purchased a 20 year term, no extension is needed

This extension will be at no additional cost to the customer, and there is no action required on the customer’s part to receive the extension.

Due to the volume of vehicles that this change affects, it may take several weeks for all customer vehicles to be updated.

XtremeMaC and You Drive like this.