Armaspeed Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys! Just wanted to post a little review of my new Armaspeed Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake.

First I wanted to say thanks to the Armaspeed team because I ordered this from them on Tuesday, the 4th and it got shipped here lightning fast all the way from Taiwan. I received it yesterday, Friday the 7th! Thatā€™s unbelievable to me! They answered all my questions very quickly and obviously shipped it out Express! I contacted them directly through this forum and I recommend you guys do the same if youā€™re interested in this! Thatā€™s great customer service so I highly recommend them.

Now for the intake itself!

It was very well packaged and all parts were carefully wrapped. The instructions are clear and easy to follow and they are in color. They also come in a neat little plastic folder so that was a nice touch. In the kit they also include a sticker and extra screws and washers for the carbon lid.

Install took me about 2 hours but thatā€™s also because I was taking my time not wanting to scratch the carbon. I was also taking pics, and I also had to remove my Blitz strut bar, then of course re-install it. Installing the intake system was very straight forward and quite easy. The silicone coupler is nice. It has an Armaspeed logo on it and once clamped in place it felt very secure. The carbon tube is beautifully crafted. I like that they added metal (probably aluminum) mounts for the sensors. As for the metal housing, it also felt very high quality, had some nice heft to it, and it fit like a glove. The housing takes advantage of the open gap between the wheel well and frame of the car as another place to draw in cold air from. I imagine it will also do a pretty good job of deflecting the heat from the engine, but I may see if I can somehow attach the stock heat deflector or buy an aftermarket one. Lastly, the carbon fiber lid is a very nicely crafted piece as well. The carbon looks awesome and I like the little metal Armaspeed name plate that they riveted onto the lid. Surprisingly, it took quite a bit of time to install the lid because it was somewhat difficult to line up the holes in the lid with the holes in the brackets. Maybe this is something that Armaspeed could try to improve by allowing for even more adjustability with the brackets, but I was able to get it to line up with a little bit of patience. Thankfully the brackets can be adjusted a bit and the lid itself has enough flex in it that you can eventually get it all screwed in place. I really like the easily removable lid feature of this intake because it will be really easy to maintain the air filter.

As you can see from my pics this intake does allow for any strut brace to be installed over the top. My Blitz strut brace has plenty of clearance on the bottom and sides of the channel molded into the carbon fiber lid.

After install I had my son help me with some revs while I checked to see if everything was tight and secure. From the engine bay while he was revving the motor I couldnā€™t really tell if it was any louder than stock. It probably was, but it wasnā€™t until I went for the test drive that I could really hear the turbo spooling up! You could really hear the whooshing sound from it and I donā€™t know if this car has a blow-off valve but it kind of sounded like it when I let up off the gas! Or maybe it was just the wastegate? Does this car have a wastegate? I donā€™t know. Haha. It really sounded awesome you guys! If all you want an intake system for is looks and sound then this really delivers! Iā€™m sure I picked up some HP as well from this baby though!

Well thatā€™s it for my little review of this intake system. In my opinion this is a very nice intake system! The carbon fiber looks great and the build quality is very good also! I highly recommend you contact Armaspeed if youā€™re in the market for this intake!

Thanks for the space!

3C71E903-BA12-4BE0-B486-AFD24B285F84.jpeg

874885A3-AFA8-4D7F-A747-4A44A5CA2A5C.jpeg

742433BE-BBC0-48B2-B73A-A7F1891B2EEA.jpeg

7CF96740-7CE8-44C9-8E4B-5FE4B70B98DA.jpeg

8C9065D8-A4A7-48D9-90BD-5ECB337B90C4.jpeg

CDACC9DC-1898-4244-A5E6-A416F7D42C20.jpeg

BC06B7DF-68FA-4F05-B394-EE0038B9C4FA.jpeg

B70EFC89-6899-4128-9BF0-925F339014DD.jpeg

E25928BC-BABD-4A5D-932B-F075B4F645B6.jpeg

View attachment 29423

View attachment 29424
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

AugustineW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X5+2020 Nitro Yellow Supra
Is that the Blitz strut tower bar or a powder-coated Cusco strut bar?

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Yeah I almost pulled the trigger on that Eventuri one with you but itā€™s so pricy. I was glad to actually hear that I could get this one without waiting so long too. Maybe Iā€™ll get that Eventuri one day if the price comes down but for now Iā€™m very happy with this Armaspeed.

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0: Turbulence Gray
Did you have to change the positions of the brackets to install the carbon fiber cover? I'm having a difficult time aligning it and getting it to sit flush on the box.

jay1k2

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, 2020 Cayman GT4
Did you have to change the positions of the brackets to install the carbon fiber cover? I'm having a difficult time aligning it and getting it to sit flush on the box.
I had to move them around just a little bit so that everything would sit flush

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had to move them around just a little bit so that everything would sit flush
Yep I had to do the same. If you loosen up the screws youā€™ll notice that you can move the brackets around a little bit. What also helped me was to get the two screws into position on the ones closest to the engine then just screw them down partially while trying to line up the last two screws with their holes.

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0: Turbulence Gray
Yep I had to do the same. If you loosen up the screws youā€™ll notice that you can move the brackets around a little bit. What also helped me was to get the two screws into position on the ones closest to the engine then just screw them down partially while trying to line up the last two screws with their holes.
Thanks for the tips! I got it to fit finally haha. The bracketsthat came preinstalled were flipped so I had to remove them and swap locations.

ARMASPEED

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW G20
nice review
hopefully you like our best service

ARMASPEED

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW G20
Armaspeed aluminum alloy cold air intake

ARMASPEED SUPRA A90_BH (9).jpg

Last edited:

ARMASPEED

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW G20
We also have the Forged Carbon Fiber version. The following is a review from the customer. Check it out if interested! :flame: