METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Toyota lifted the same audio system from a BMW and could not fit the subs under the seats, so it seems they had to relocated them elsewhere.

Yes any warranty work on your car at Toyota will require all factory modules plugged in. Techs go through a process that requires this, does the car require this not really. A tuner with access to oem system files can do updates or resets for you without the need for the modules plugged in. Hopefully my tuner can get recall files and carPlay files for us.
Sponsored

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Toyota lifted the same audio system from a BMW and could not fit the subs under the seats, so it seems they had to relocated them elsewhere.

Yes any warranty work on your car at Toyota will require all factory modules plugged in. Techs go through a process that requires this, does the car require this not really. A tuner with access to oem system files can do updates or resets for you without the need for the modules plugged in. Hopefully my tuner can get recall files and carPlay files for us.
Just doesn't make sense to me. I took my car in for faulty mirrors due to water ingress causing a short. They stopped functioning including blind spot monitoring system. They used there diagnostics and serviced the car checked for faults etc this is with the mobridge connected and they were happy with everything didn't find any issues with the car.

I fully disclosed the audio installation before handing over the car to them so they didn't blame the faulty mirrors due to me fiddling with the audio system. They had no issue.

Not sure the aftermarket amplifier and ASD unit is considered a module?

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
It may have to do more with things that require uploading to the ECU for Ex. the recall etc. When my Tuner did the TCU adaptation reset he saw multiple faults from the amp being removed but none that caused any issues or prevented him from doing the work.

I don't believe dealers in general have an issue with you going after market as long as you are able to reconnect the factory amp for them so they can hit the next button on their computers.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Exactly. I'm sure if it were an experienced BMW tech... it would be a momentary delay - but at the Toyota dealership it's suddenly a case of "OMG... there's an error I don't understand. Well, I'm out of ideas... I guess it can't be done." :rolleyes:

It makes sense for a comprehensive diagnostic to indicate anything that's unexpected or missing from the system. It doesn't make sense for that to prevent updating the DME firmware. That's like preventing a motherboard update due to a missing hard drive... sure it indicates a potential problem, but not one that affects the current operation.

I'm sure there's a hidden switch or option flag that they just need to tick before proceeding in the case of a non-factory amp. However, considering the stories of no battery-tenders being used for a 4 hour service, failures downloading the update itself, etc. - I'm not surprised they don't know it.

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Scheduled to drop car off Monday next week to get the 6.5 drivers installed. They will take a few days to fabricate the doors up.

Dropping in these woofers:
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-sp...ass-drivers-from-es-165kx3-component-set.html
Can't wait to see the result! I'm still debating what I want to do. I may reconfigure the sub area to house 2 6.5" drivers and a 10" subwoofer, but would really like to bring those 6.5" forward instead for a proper soundstage. If we didn't have knee airbags, I might fab something up to put a 6.5" under the dash on each side.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scheduled to drop car off Monday next week to get the 6.5 drivers installed. They will take a few days to fabricate the doors up.

Dropping in these woofers:
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-sp...ass-drivers-from-es-165kx3-component-set.html
LOL... I've had some projects that had this level of cost-creep - but never car audio. Should sound about as perfect as is possible with this chassis when you're done! Of course, it damn well should considering all the coin you're throwing at the problem. ?

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yes this is the first time I have spent over $2k on car audio but then again they didn't have fiber optic signals and stupid speaker sizing/locations.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, it's like a luxury loft apartment with glass walls... nice place to live - unless you're a home theater enthusiast, then it's a living hell. ;)

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I've gotten to the point where I am already this deep into it, that I have to just throw money at it to fix problems.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've gotten to the point where I am already this deep into it, that I have to just throw money at it to fix problems.
Oh I've definitely been there before... and have an office, a couple closets, and most of my garage full of the less than optimal attempts at "budget friendly solutions". Now I'm more inclined to either wait a bit, or just go full beans - like you're doing on this install. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Oh I've definitely been there before... and have an office, a couple closets, and most of my garage full of the less than optimal attempts at "budget friendly solutions". Now I'm more inclined to either wait a bit, or just go full beans - like you're doing on this install. :thumbsup:
Full beans would be using HELIX SDMI25, P SIX amp, and P TWO amp vs the mObridge amp.

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Sound Deadening

Did some additional sound deadening, using SoundShield this time, inside the doors. Added Noico 315mill Red I had left over, on top of the SoundShield for some thermal insulation. Also did a layer of SoundShield in the trunk over the Dynamat and areas not covered before. Forgot to take a pic before putting the side panels back on but there is not much to see back there.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

Last edited:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now all that's left is to pull up all the carpet and line the floor boards... ;) I bet it sounds like a 7-series now as far as road noise.

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Now all that's left is to pull up all the carpet and line the floor boards... ;) I bet it sounds like a 7-series now as far as road noise.
Yeah not going that far. It does sound very tame inside.
Sponsored