Australia - Pricing and Availability Details

Discussion in 'Pricing, Ordering, Negotiating' started by kabnine, Jan 31, 2019.

1. kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Supra MKIV RZ-S & SZ, Golf R, MV Augusta Dragster 800
    Liked:
    Does anyone have any Australian price or availabilty details? I called a few dealerships and was told they will call me back when they have somthing. That was at the launch..... and from googling it appears there is no general information released yet.

2. MA617M

MA617M Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    lots
    Liked:
    Engineer
    No, they're still working through it. I'm speaking with head office constantly

3. OP
    OP
    kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    I don't understand what the is to work through. Toyota already exist within our market?

4. MA617M

MA617M Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    lots
    Liked:
    Engineer
    the low allocation, and trying to avoid people using the low supply as a means to make $.

They want enthusiasts to get them

5. Australian of The North

Australian of The North Well-Known Member

First Name:
    ██████[Removed]
    Car(s):
    [Content Restricted],█████,|[Content Restricted]█████
    Liked:
    ██████[Content Restricted]
    #5 Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    [content removed]

6. OP
    OP
    kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    If it helps prove I am an enthusiast, I can send a photo and two regn papers for the two supra's I already own. ;)

7. MA617M

MA617M Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    lots
    Liked:
    Engineer
    we're only getting the six cylinder, and will be between 80-100k.... straight from toyota's mouth :)

and kabnine i intend on doing the same. i displayed one of mine at the A90 GR concept launch in melbourne :)

8. OP
    OP
    kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    80k to $100k.? This tells me two things. 1) They lied about wanting to have enthusiasts get the vehicles, and wanting to stop price gouging, 2) They are a little out of touch with what you can get for $100k in Australia.

Red-hat likes this.
  9. Supra93

Supra93 Moderator

First Name:
    Tommy
    Car(s):
    Supra & RX7
    Liked:
    Chef
    Garage Profiles:
    https://www.goauto.com.au/future-mo...r-flagship-toyota-supra/2019-02-04/77398.html

10. Red-hat

Red-hat Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Toyota 86
    Liked:
    Any updates on local (Aussie) pricing or availability? Someone mentioned AUD 125k? That’s crazy talk for 250kW. That is M2 Competition, or Cayman money.

Even $100k seems out of touch, given $70k gets a Mustang GT, and even the overpriced HSV converted Camaro SS is *only* $85k. Both offer good looks, great handling, and way more power than the Supra.

I think the right price for the B58 6T Supra is AUD$80k. That puts it smack bang between the Mustang and Camaro locally, and also lines it up near the Audi TT, M240i, RC350, and makes it not too much more than 370Z Nismo. Remember, the M240i has the same engine and outputs as the Supra, and has the cachet of being a genuine BMW coupe.

If they bring the B48 4T version here, $60k feels right. Something to compete against the Civic Type R and other hot hatches, in terms of performance. Again, once you clear away the ‘OMG Supra is back’ hype and spin, you realise you can get a 370Z Nismo with 253kW of VQ goodness for $60k. Yeah, it is an old new car, but if old school, RWD JDM performance is your thing, the Z still delivers. Matter of fact, when I go to replace my 86 in a couple of years, if the Supra prices itself out of contention, I might just snap up one of the last Zeds.

11. OP
    OP
    kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    I haven't heard anything else yet .Of the three dealers I contacted when I posted only one got back to me at all, and they didn't know anything yet, but told me they would let me know as soon as they heard anything.

12. Red-hat

Red-hat Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Toyota 86
    Liked:
    So going back to pricing speculation, one thing that might lead to an overinflated initial price, is the small allocation. I read just 300 cars for Australia in the first year. If true, Toyota may just put a really high price on it, secure in the knowledge there are easily 300 cashed up Supra fanboys/girls with more money than sense, ready to pay anything to get a new Supra before others.

Realistically, why would Toyota care if they price it at $120k, sell only 250 out of 300, and have the remainder sit on showroom floors? It’s still good brand advertising. These are not Corollas or Camrys, Toyota don’t need (indeed, cannot have thanks to limited production) volume sales. That’s what worries me, even if overpriced the Supra will still arguably be a ‘success story’ since the tiny allocations give the appearance of high demand, whether true or not.

13. OP
    OP
    kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    Of that 300 allocation there is talk only 100 will be by the end of the year. Toyota have also said they want them to go to 'enthusiests' (read above), but realistically without a ton of micromanagment by Toyota Australia that isn't posible. I am prepared to pay 70k-80k, but over that there are other options, including waiting for a year or so and see what happens. If I don't get an MKV, I will jus keep driving my Golf R. Its a great little daily and I can't really think of anything I would replace it with. Yes its a Supra but as with all things that I want and am willing to pay too much for, there is only so much of a reeming I am prepared to take. Its already a success story, and nobody has one. Despite the outcry from every man and his dog on the internet, they are selling like hot cakes. Just go through the other price/availability/ordering thread to see that. Dealers are saying $70k to $80k, the internet is saying up to $100k.

Red-hat likes this.
  14. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, Mk7 Golf, AZW Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I love my base golf. It's an awesome daily, I don't think there is one thing I dislike about it other than the 1-2 shift is sometimes a little rough if you shift too quickly. I've thought about getting a RS3.

kabnine likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    kabnine

kabnine Member

First Name:
    David
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    Thats exactly the car I was referring to when I alluded to other options when you get over the $80k range. :D

kona61 likes this.