Automatic window

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
My driver side window does not go all the way down automatically. I’m not sure if this is a new issue or something I’ve never noticed before. The passenger side will go all the way down, and the driver side will manually. But if I use the auto down every time it leaves a small bit of glass out of the door panel. Anyone have this issue or know how I can reset it?
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My driver side window does not go all the way down automatically. I’m not sure if this is a new issue or something I’ve never noticed before. The passenger side will go all the way down, and the driver side will manually. But if I use the auto down every time it leaves a small bit of glass out of the door panel. Anyone have this issue or know how I can reset it?
I noticed the same thing on mine. I hit the button again, and it goes down the rest of the way. Never really thought about it...figured it was just one of those Supra "things".

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I had that issue before and had to talk with the service manager and Toyota corp guy to inspect my car at the time and I asked him about it. They told me it's normal for the Supra, but they said that there is a way to reset the power windows. I tried it and was able to get the window to go as low as it can, but completely all the way.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey everyone, I had that issue before and had to talk with the service manager and Toyota corp guy to inspect my car at the time and I asked him about it. They told me it's normal for the Supra, but they said that there is a way to reset the power windows. I tried it and was able to get the window to go as low as it can, but completely all the way.
That's cool. care to share?

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember correctly, car can be on doing this method. You push the
That's cool. care to share?

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember correctly, car can be on doing this method. You push the
The power windows all the way down and hold the button for 5 seconds then pull up till it is close and hold for about 5 seconds. According to the service manager, that resets the power windows. I know the windows sometimes do not close all the way down. I have better luck at times if the door is open, so try that method. You may not hear the window go all the way down, but it is close enough where you don't see part of the window sticking up. I get this problem more on the driver side than passenger side.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The power windows all the way down and hold the button for 5 seconds then pull up till it is close and hold for about 5 seconds. According to the service manager, that resets the power windows. I know the windows sometimes do not close all the way down. I have better luck at times if the door is open, so try that method. You may not hear the window go all the way down, but it is close enough where you don't see part of the window sticking up. I get this problem more on the driver side than passenger side.
I've had to do this on BMW cars in the past and it's a quick fix. Your just programming the car where to stop on each up/down. It should hopefully fix your issues.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Does anyone have clear instructions on calibration?
How to press (one lick or two), how many times to press and how long? Engine running or off? I played around with this, nothing worked. Both windows won’t go all the way down on full press.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Does anyone have clear instructions on calibration?
How to press (one lick or two), how many times to press and how long? Engine running or off? I played around with this, nothing worked. Both windows won’t go all the way down on full press.
Roll the window all the way up. Then hold the window button down and continue to hold until it’s closed all the way, once the window is fully down continue to hold the window button down for about 3 to 5 seconds. Then roll window up and continue to hold throughout the entire window movement and once the window is closed continue to hold the up window for 3 to 5 seconds

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Then hold the window button down and continue to hold until it’s closed all the way
This part is already not happening. If I am holding the button and bot letting it go, the window will stop when it’s not fully in the door. I tried this with both full press and half press. So far I feel like I tried every combination actually

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
This part is already not happening. If I am holding the button and bot letting it go, the window will stop when it’s not fully in the door. I tried this with both full press and half press. So far I feel like I tried every combination actually
Sorry but just to clarify, so the window at “full up position” is the position it would be at if you open the door and it slides down that tiny bit in order to clear the window gasket

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Sorry but just to clarify, so the window at “full up position” is the position it would be at if you open the door and it slides down that tiny bit in order to clear the window gasket
Thanks for trying to help!
The full up is perfectly fine for me, it’s at its max. But when I full press down both windows stop at positions where the glass is still visible. One stands out a bit more that the other:

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Thanks for trying to help!
The full up is perfectly fine for me, it’s at its max. But when I full press down both windows stop at positions where the glass is still visible. One stands out a bit more that the other:
My brand new 2022 2.0 does this as well; windows on both driver & passenger-sides are just barely visible after auto-roll down.

I feel like it has something to do with the auto-roll (down & up) when opening/closing the doors.