2020 Supra - 2012 C63 AMG - 2008 Audi RS4

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Premium 3.0 (DSB)
Does it come in a gloss or matte finish?

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
Looks good

glennQNYC

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Vehicle Showcase
They seem well made. Pretty much similar to OEM.
My point was that tinting the OEM part would be less durable than something with tint in the resin.

OP
OP

Hookah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra - 2012 C63 AMG - 2008 Audi RS4
What was install like?
Since I have OEM carbon mirror caps it went like this. If you have aftermarket mirror covers you may not need to remove the glass because they don't have clips:
1. Remove mirror glass by prying bottom with trim tool and fingers, should pop out, just dont use too much force. Tape the bottom of mirror housing to prevent damage.
2. You can see the clips holding in the mirror cap after glass is removed. Release the clips and work at pulling the cap with a trim tool. Should pop off.
3. Unscrew the three torx screws that sit behind the glass and one on the backside of the mirror to remove the lower black trim portion of the mirror.
4. At that point you should be able to work the factory signal free. Then unplug and plug the new one and re assemble.

I did have to cut the new signals plug cover which was only and flexible plastic casing, so that I could actually plug it to the factory harness. It does not clip in like the factory unit so I essentially rigged a zip tie to keep the two units together and cut the excess off the zip tie. Also trimmed a bit off the plastic casing of the new signal where there is a tab that sticks out. it was preventing the signal from sitting flush against the CF mirror cover. Got it to work, but it wasn't a simple plug n play, but not difficult.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, i just ordered one
Sponsored