#AWEinHouse: Exhaust Suite Development for the GR Supra

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Greetings. You've clicked this thread because you're intrigued as to what we'll be offering for your beloved A90.

For those who know AWE from other markets/past lives with other types of vehicles: strap in. We're coming with our signature sound with no compromises.

If you're not familiar with AWE, here's a quick rundown. Since '91, AWE has been providing precision-engineered exhaust, intake, and intercooler solutions for enthusiast vehicles. Many know us from the Euro realm (Porsche, VW, Audi, McLaren, BMW, and Benz), and over the last five years we have successfully expanded to multiple new makes and models.

We're excited to harness our thorough experience with the B58's acoustics, and provide you with the ultimate, no compromise exhaust suite complete with locally sourced premium materials and patented drone-canceling technology, handcrafted in-house at our facility outside of Philadelphia, PA.

Below is a sneak peek at the progression of the upcoming suite. Please feel free to ask questions, and I look forward to sharing more with you.

You can sign up for AWE Exhaust Suite updates right this way (and intake updates here ;)).

Arrival day, courtesy of our friends over at RT Tuning.

dsc_0250.png

If you follow us on social, you may have played a role in the results of our tip poll. We asked the public to weigh in with their opinion on the Supra's tip size. Majority vote: 5".

Artboard-1-copy-3.png

Artboard-1-copy-4.png

After analyzing our scan data courtesy of our FARO Design Arm, we realized fitting dual 3" up to the downpipe was not going to be possible. We were determined to develop an exhaust that would accommodate any caliber of build from light bolt-ons to heavy hitting, high horsepower configurations. Out of the necessity to enable proper flow, the facilitator was born.

soup-1.jpg

This massive component is the equivalent of dual 3” piping, but in a compact package. By deploying this design into the upcoming AWE Exhaust Suite for the GR Supra, we’re able to achieve maximum flow that a dual 3” configuration provides, via a 65% increase in cross-sectional area, all within the Supra’s narrow exhaust envelope.

soup-2.jpg

Laid into place, from design to reality.

Type-RA-2.png

dsc_1298-edit.png

Stay tuned for further updates, and don't forget to sign up via the aforementioned links above :thumbsup:
Sponsored

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Since this setup uses dual mufflers, will it utilize the OE valve?

5" tips lookin good :thumbsup: Ti tips would be a nice option too

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Since this setup uses dual mufflers, will it utilize the OE valve?

5" tips lookin good :thumbsup: Ti tips would be a nice option too
Nope. Valves arent needed when our patented 180 Technology is in the mix. They're resonators rather than mufflers, and do not feature traditional packing material. All proprietary goodness within them.

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I had AWE exhaust on the ZL1 I just traded in on my Supra. It sounded sick. When do you think this will hit the streets?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
I had AWE exhaust on the ZL1 I just traded in on my Supra. It sounded sick. When do you think this will hit the streets?
Whoa! I recognize your username. Radical to have ya here. Slated to be around right in time for tax season :)

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Any plans for a catted down pipe as well ?
Not at this time, though we are developing our exhaust to be quite future proofed in terms of potential compliments upstream from the market -- i.e. DPs.