Battery Replacement

jplummer2121

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 MKV Supra 2020 LE #463
dropped my car off at dealer to have battery replaced and "Replace battery" light on dash reset. Dealer says this will take several hours to complete. is this normal??

have been going back and forth with dealer about this, first was waiting on them to update their PC in order to run the software for this car, then now they say they have the updates but in order to go through and reset the codes will take half a day....

could someone familiar with the process please explain to me what could possibly take so long to do this?
Sponsored

wesa90

First Name
wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90
dropped my car off at dealer to have battery replaced and "Replace battery" light on dash reset. Dealer says this will take several hours to complete. is this normal??

have been going back and forth with dealer about this, first was waiting on them to update their PC in order to run the software for this car, then now they say they have the updates but in order to go through and reset the codes will take half a day....

could someone familiar with the process please explain to me what could possibly take so long to do this?
Were you able to fix the problem ?

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra / 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue, my dealer got the battery in a day and took 2 hours to do it, i just waited in the lobby. It's been fine ever since.

wesa90

First Name
wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90
Did
I had the same issue, my dealer got the battery in a day and took 2 hours to do it, i just waited in the lobby. It's been fine ever since.

Did they replace the battery ?

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra / 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Did

Did they replace the battery ?
Yeah has new battery now, i just waited in the lobby while they switched it out. They told me it would be a 2 hour job once the battery arrived and it pretty much was give it or take a couple minutes.
Sponsored