anooj

First Name
Anooj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2014 BMW 328xi
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on getting the Bavsound stage 1 speaker upgrade for my 2020 Supra.

Thoughts on how it sounds using the stock amp?

Also, I was wondering if there were any “plug-n-play” amps for the system?
Sponsored

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on getting the Bavsound stage 1 speaker upgrade for my 2020 Supra.

Thoughts on how it sounds using the stock amp?

Also, I was wondering if there were any “plug-n-play” amps for the system?
Audio Plus has a plug-play amp and purchase includes an 8" sub. I have the system and feel it's great improvement over the stock system. I also use
Focal ES 100 K 4" K2 Power 2-Way Component Speakers in the doors only (purchased from England at much reduced price-much less than $750 list)

3M acoustic thin insulate and sound damping and would suggest before upgrading system that you first install the sound damping and insulation before investing money in either a speaker or amp upgrade.

OP
OP

anooj

First Name
Anooj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2014 BMW 328xi
I saw that as well, probably sounds amazing. The Audio Plus kit is just so expensive, wanting to try and maximize the bavsound speakers.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I can't speak for the stage 1 kit, but I just recently (about a month ago) installed the Bavsound Subs and it's night and day better than OEM. I plan on getting the rest of the speakers soon.

You can get to OEM loudness with about half as much volume setting.

Bass has more clarity and punch. They are not quite a real subwoofer though so don't expect a miracle, but significantly more than OEM.

I would expect similar, if not greater, levels of improvement with the stage 1 kit.

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I can't speak for the stage 1 kit, but I just recently (about a month ago) installed the Bavsound Subs and it's night and day better than OEM. I plan on getting the rest of the speakers soon.

Bass has more clarity and punch. They are not quite a real subwoofer though so don't expect a miracle, but significantly more than OEM.

I would expect similar, if not greater, levels of improvement with the stage 1 kit.
Did you also do the ported setup, like mentioned in Tadda's excellent write-up? Or are your subwoofer enclosures still intact? :p

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you also do the ported setup, like mentioned in Tadda's excellent write-up? Or are your subwoofer enclosures still intact? :p
Only replaced the subs. I'm happy with the sound, but I may experiment with some of those recommendations further down the road.

The subs sound good to my untrained ear. I set the bass to +3 and kept everything else at 0. The sound is very similar to my Bose QC35 headphones, meaning what I listen to music most days sounds the same in the car, with maybe a tad more bass in the car.

Reactions: B54

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.

You think the subs are good? This guy didn't like them at all: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bavsound-ghostsub-review-i-really-wanted-to-like-them.6215/

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Everyone's ears are different. I didn't like the OEM sound, but I do like the way the Bavsound subs sound. The sound they produce is nearly identical to the sound my Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones produce, if that's not the sound profile you're after, then I'd go with something else.

With OEM subs I was often asking myself where the bass was in the songs, and I'd have to turn the volume up considerably to hear it, which caused the vocals to be way too loud, so I had to greatly change the equalizer settings in order to accommodate. It all still required significantly more volume settings than the Bavsound subs.

With the Bavsound, I literally have flat equalizer settings and +3 Bass. With those settings, I hear everything I expect/want to hear from the songs and i'm using the left 1/4th of my volume settings.
Sponsored