BAVSOUND Upgrade Available for Supra!

TreyE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Well I got to thinking, ok how can we upgrade the sound system in the Soup...I’ve been in car audio for a very long time. Got to thinking about who makes plug n play kits and emailed BAVSOUND.

They got RIGHT back to me and it turns out this system hooks right into Supra! Figured I would share. Not sure if I’ll go this route or piece it together myself yet, usually my route.

https://www.bavsound.com/products/bsd-s1-f33f83-thf-stage-one-bmw-f33-f83-harman-kardon

0CD2D6B5-7DC0-4E95-BAF6-A0D9619609D4.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
TreyE

TreyE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Just to follow up I posted this in FB group and someone received a text from them on Dec 6th saying they are still in development and to check back. I emailed him back, I’ll post up what BAVSOUND says.

OP
OP
TreyE

TreyE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
That system is correct and does fit.

380914CC-3C1E-4412-AAC6-794AB4351959.png

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Just today, they emailed and said it was in development. Having said that, their site says the 2019 Z4 with the upgraded system is on backorder - and they gave no woofers for the Supra, or amp.

OP
OP
TreyE

TreyE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Just today, they emailed and said it was in development. Having said that, their site says the 2019 Z4 with the upgraded system is on backorder - and they gave no woofers for the Supra, or amp.
Well yes the woofers aren’t included in that package obviously but it was confirmed by Bavsound that that is an identical system to what will officially become the Supra upgrade by them. I’m not sure if you’re agreeing with me or not lol but call Justin and talk to him yourself if you have questions, I’ve very clearly posted their responses and it makes sense as they have almost identical systems - I sat in one yesterday (BMW) to look since I work at a dealership.

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Yes. Waiting to see if they release the full system for the Supra, which would include all components, woofers and amp. If someone does the components only, would love to hear the impressions.

SawgrassGoon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
Bumping this…. really need a full setup… Any release date?

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Bumping this…. really need a full setup… Any release date?
I just fired off an email to Justin at Bavsound telling him it may be worth his time to chime in over here. I think he is selling what the majority of people here are looking for. Good and clean mids / highs with respectable bass. Their price point is near untouchable utilizing most normal aftermarket solutions.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
For those wanting a stage 1 Bavsound system, per Justin at Bavsound:

Thanks for your interest and insights! We will be sure to make an announcement on the forums you suggested.

We are going to be offering the Stage One upgrades for the new Supra very soon. We hope to have the speaker kit released in the next few weeks baring any unforeseen obstacles.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
For those wanting a stage 1 Bavsound system, per Justin at Bavsound:

Thanks for your interest and insights! We will be sure to make an announcement on the forums you suggested.

We are going to be offering the Stage One upgrades for the new Supra very soon. We hope to have the speaker kit released in the next few weeks baring any unforeseen obstacles.
great news...Will stage 1 include subwoofer replacements as well?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I was asking because they already offer a stage one speaker upgrade kit for 2020 Z4 that also is direct replacement for Supra minus the subwoofers...A few Supra owners have already installed stage one...

I believe stage 2 will be subwoofers and amp...

STAGE ONE BMW SPEAKER UPGRADE FOR E89 Z4 WITH HARMAN KARDON
Well if you knew. . . :D

I already have an aftermarket sub and dedicated mid bass drivers. I’m just looking for the mids and highs. For the money there isn’t a better deal than what they are offering.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...I already have an aftermarket sub and dedicated mid bass drivers. I’m just looking for the mids and highs. For the money there isn’t a better deal than what they are offering.
Yup, I agree it is a good deal...

My point was that Bavsound classifies their stage one kit for the Z4 as a 8 speaker replacement which doesn't include the subwoofer and amp .... Apparently a few Supra owners have already installed their BMW Z4 stage one kit and reviews say it sounds great!

And according to Bavsound stage 2 for the Z4 will include subwoofers and amp replacements...but I doubt that will be compatible with our Supra..

Perhaps Bavsound will be offering a complete kit for the Supra including subwoofer and amp and will be calling that stage one?

Anyway..I'm glad to they are releasing a kit...hopefully it will include replacement subwoofers and amp...

Here is recent review from a Supra owner that installed the Bavsound stage one for the 2020 Z4 ( no subs included)...was this review from you or from someone else here?

bavsound review.jpg

Last edited:

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Yup, I agree it is a good deal...

My point was that Bavsound classifies their stage one kit for the Z4 as a 8 speaker replacement which doesn't include the subwoofer and amp .... Apparently a few Supra owners have already installed their BMW Z4 stage one kit and reviews say it sounds great!

And according to Bavsound stage 2 for the Z4 will include subwoofers and amp replacements...but I doubt that will be compatible with our Supra..

Perhaps Bavsound will be offering a complete kit for the Supra including subwoofer and amp and will be calling that stage one?

Anyway..I'm glad to they are releasing a kit...hopefully it will include replacement subwoofers and amp...

Here is recent review from a Supra owner that installed the Bavsound stage one for the 2020 Z4 ( no subs included)...was this review from you or from someone else here?

bavsound review.jpg
I’m thinking it will just be the standard package then of just the mid-range woofers and the tweeters.

The amp side can get dirty quick between channels, harnesses, fuse / wire gauge on input, processing, etc. It could be far from a drop in replacement and would likely require hands-on with Bavsound or a Bavsound dealer to verify if what they have would work and how.

The sub boxes appear to be a common BMW housing, but that doesn’t mean the ohms don’t match or the housing is just different enough to make something not work right easily.
Sponsored