Bed stiffeners in Trailhunter?

Mjsimmons

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trail Hunter
Early-on, I was under the impression that bed stiffeners would be part of the Trailhunter build. Now, on recent reviews, I'm not seeing bed stiffeners. What is the status on this?
Sponsored

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
I haven't heard about bed stiffeners in any articles/videos I've seen. What are they exactly - a fortified bed?

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I saw them on a couple different review videos, I’d bet they’ll tack it on as a port included accessory

OP
OP

Mjsimmons

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trail Hunter
I saw them on a couple different review videos, I’d bet they’ll tack it on as a port included accessory
While watching North's recent Trailhunter review/assessment video, I saw front/lateral bed stiffeners on the upper front corners. I wonder if the early rear/vertical stiffeners were buried after preproduction. I see some raised surface on the bed walls on each side of the tailgate...perhaps that's where they ended up on the rear walls of the bed?

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
See… I’d get those if I weren’t getting (and planning on using regularly) a bed extender (tailgate up and down, both).

Doesn’t seem convenient to install and remove the stiffeners every time.

Victory 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport
See… I’d get those if I weren’t getting (and planning on using regularly) a bed extender (tailgate up and down, both).

Doesn’t seem convenient to install and remove the stiffeners every time.
Yeah, bed extenders and many drawers are somewhat incompatible.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
While watching North's recent Trailhunter review/assessment video, I saw front/lateral bed stiffeners on the upper front corners. I wonder if the early rear/vertical stiffeners were buried after preproduction. I see some raised surface on the bed walls on each side of the tailgate...perhaps that's where they ended up on the rear walls of the bed?
To be clear that was not my video, but he did mention that he was driving a pre production truck so the equipment seen in the video may not be the final build.

OP
OP

Mjsimmons

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trail Hunter
To be clear that was not my video, but he did mention that he was driving a pre production truck so the equipment seen in the video may not be the final build.
Copy, my bad...thanks for clarifying.
Sponsored