Bench Unlock DME

pdxmkv

First Name
Elven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Is the anybody in the PNW that can bench unlock a DME for either ECUTEK or MHD?
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Not that I’m aware of. I just had Visconti Tuning do a remote unlock on my 2021. No way in hell I was taking a chance on Fedex/UPS loosing my ECU by sending it somewhere.

-RJM

OP
OP
pdxmkv

pdxmkv

First Name
Elven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Not that I’m aware of. I just had Visconti Tuning do a remote unlock on my 2021. No way in hell I was taking a chance on Fedex/UPS loosing my ECU by sending it somewhere.

-RJM
I feel the same way about sending out my ECU. How was the remote unlocking with Visconti Tuning? I checked the forums and nobody has really mentioned that option and I'm curious about process.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I feel the same way about sending out my ECU. How was the remote unlocking with Visconti Tuning? I checked the forums and nobody has really mentioned that option and I'm curious about process.
Its actually pretty slick how they do it. They send you their DME unlock tool. You connect it to your ECU and a laptop. Then they remote in with a Tuner Assist program and unlock it.

I’m so glad they offer a service like this. Without it the only other option would be an 18 hour road trip to Cali.

-RJM

OP
OP
pdxmkv

pdxmkv

First Name
Elven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Its actually pretty slick how they do it. They send you their DME unlock tool. You connect it to your ECU and a laptop. Then they remote in with a Tuner Assist program and unlock it.

I’m so glad they offer a service like this. Without it the only other option would be an 18 hour road trip to Cali.

-RJM
I was contemplating a trip to Cali before seeing the remote unlocking.

Sending the unlock tool is pretty slick. I'll probably go with that route since it seems pretty easy for you. Thanks for all the help.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was contemplating a trip to Cali before seeing the remote unlocking.

Sending the unlock tool is pretty slick. I'll probably go with that route since it seems pretty easy for you. Thanks for all the help.
You will be pleased with the results. Just contact @Marshall@ViscontiTuning and they will take care of you.

Any other questions I can help answer let me know.

-RJM

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Sorry as I don’t check the forums often!

We do remote unlocks for customers almost daily. Super simple process.

Feel free to reach out if i can ever help!

Email: [email protected]
Text: 252-314-5604

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
+1 for Visconti's remote unlock. Marshall was super helpful with the sales/order process and answered all of my off the wall questions along the way. Day of, John called up and walked me through every step of the way. Remote unlock to first tune loaded was no more than 45min tops.
@Marshall@ViscontiTuning

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I actually sent mine away via Kies Motorsports an they had it back to me next day. You just set up through them and then send it out an they handle the rest and overnight back to you. If you can do remote unlock go for it but if you have connection issues be careful. As far as tune. I have bootmod3 and MHD. I literally just did the test tonight and bootmod does have more power and more aggressive mapping, boost, and throttle response.
MHD really is a conservative tune so if you use them have someone provide you a proper tune map.
One thing I have noticed on mine (it is a 21 unlocked 3.0) is with the MHD is I get this weird like hiccup when full throttle between 3rd up to 6k then into 4. Now under bootmod it’s a smooth climb in power the entire time. So not sure if it’s over-boosting with MHD but will say boost shows 3-4lbs higher on bootmod then MHD.

OP
OP
pdxmkv

pdxmkv

First Name
Elven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I actually sent mine away via Kies Motorsports an they had it back to me next day. You just set up through them and then send it out an they handle the rest and overnight back to you. If you can do remote unlock go for it but if you have connection issues be careful. As far as tune. I have bootmod3 and MHD. I literally just did the test tonight and bootmod does have more power and more aggressive mapping, boost, and throttle response.
MHD really is a conservative tune so if you use them have someone provide you a proper tune map.
One thing I have noticed on mine (it is a 21 unlocked 3.0) is with the MHD is I get this weird like hiccup when full throttle between 3rd up to 6k then into 4. Now under bootmod it’s a smooth climb in power the entire time. So not sure if it’s over-boosting with MHD but will say boost shows 3-4lbs higher on bootmod then MHD.
Thanks for the Insight on the tunes. I have been debating on MHD, Bootmod3, and ECUTEK.