Best Carbon Fiber Quality

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I’ve been looking at a few options for exterior/interior carbon fiber parts from several vendors and I would like to get all your experiences with them. The grade in quality, pros, cons, and comparisons with each other.

Carbon Brands: (this is just an example)
- Rexpeed
- Seibon
- Fly1Motorsports

what do you consider the best? Even bodykit/wing brands like Voltex, Varis, Aimgain, etc can be shared.

I personally prefer glossy and glossy forged carbon.
Sponsored

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Seibon is amazing, the TRD factory bits are amazing quality but overpriced. Rex speed is decent but great for the money, i don’t know about fly1

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've found Seibon to be higher quality than Rexpeed. Just my opinion!

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Seibon is amazing, the TRD factory bits are amazing quality but overpriced. Rex speed is decent but great for the money, i don’t know about fly1
I've found Seibon to be higher quality than Rexpeed. Just my opinion!
So I have the rexpeed rear gloss carbon lip. Had it on the car for a few months now. I had to do a good amount of detailing to get the glossy and clean carbon to show. For the money it is okay. I will say I am not overly satisfied with how it turned out. It has foggy patches on it, and the part has been detailed and ceramic coated with proper prep as well. It looks very cheap when looking at the Supra now. I am planning on replacing it with something of much higher quality. I know a couple other people that have had similar issues with their Rexpeed parts as well. Not sure if anyone else has issues like this?

Cheers,
-V

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So I have the rexpeed rear gloss carbon lip. Had it on the car for a few months now. I had to do a good amount of detailing to get the glossy and clean carbon to show. For the money it is okay. I will say I am not overly satisfied with how it turned out. It has foggy patches on it, and the part has been detailed and ceramic coated with proper prep as well. It looks very cheap when looking at the Supra now. I am planning on replacing it with something of much higher quality. I know a couple other people that have had similar issues with their Rexpeed parts as well. Not sure if anyone else has issues like this?

Cheers,
-V
I had heard the same of Rexpeed exterior CF, hence another reason I went with Seibon. No complaints here.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE

Cheers,
-V
They have a carbon manufacturer in Taiwan that sells some parts I’ve seen from Rexspeed on eBay (for a good bit less). The parts appear identical and they specify they do wholesale. That may explain the quality as these can be found for a third less on eBay shipping from Taiwan.

To be clear: complete and total speculation on the above.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Cheers,
-V
Can you post some pictures of these patches or issues you have? I have mine and it seems fine but I also don't have anything of high quality in hand to compare.

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
I have a Seibon front lip and mirror caps coming on Friday. I don't have any other CF parts to compare it to though, but I can comment on appearance once they arrive.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a Seibon front lip and mirror caps coming on Friday. I don't have any other CF parts to compare it to though, but I can comment on appearance once they arrive.
where and when did you order your lip?

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got the last one Pristine Parts had in stock a little over a week ago. I think they shipped it straight from Seibon in Cali though.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got the last one Pristine Parts had in stock a little over a week ago. I think they shipped it straight from Seibon in Cali though.
Lucky! i was looking everywhere for one in stock now. guess ill wait the 8 weeks lol. If you see any floating around dm me the link.

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm on the hunt now for Seibon side skirts and rear diffuser. I'm guessing they won't be out for 8-12 weeks.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Rexpeed interior cf was fine for me. Matched factory with no issues. exterior not sure but was probably going to try their mirror covers first and see
For the carbon mirrors I went with Speed Industry's. Pricing is great and the quality and finish is absolutely perfect. I have no flaws with them. Really cool guys as well.

-V
Sponsored