• Total voters

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Looking into exhaust systems in the market right now and I wanted to know everyone’s input...
Sponsored

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Outside of looks, is there a good reason [to] purchase a titanium exhaust? I cant imagine they flow better than a mandrel bent system and when it comes down to it, isn't better flow what we're after?

Last edited:

Supra Man

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 Supra(Sold) / 04 Rsx-S(Rip) / 13 Nismo 370z(Current)
Outside of looks, is there a good reason purchase a titanium exhaust? I cant imagine they flow better than a mandrel bent system and when it comes down to it, isn't better flow what we're after?
dont know about if titanium is better flowing then steel exhaust but one of the big reason for going titanium would be its lighter weight over steel exhausts.. and titanium produces a different tone vs steel from what i was told.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
dont know about if titanium is better flowing then steel exhaust but one of the big reason for going titanium would be its lighter weight over steel exhausts.. and titanium produces a different tone vs steel from what i was told.
Correct, so much lighter and usually a little bit of a sound difference.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
EU and ME spec cars sound like Sh!t

They have different mufflers & are way too quite
not sure what your abbreviations are but my days of annoying loud exhausts are over.. Quiet is good.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Outside of looks, is there a good reason [to] purchase a titanium exhaust? I cant imagine they flow better than a mandrel bent system and when it comes down to it, isn't better flow what we're after?
Correct, there is no flow difference, but it is substantially lighter and often has a thinner wall section, resulting in a lot raspier note compared to plain carbon steel or stainless steel.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, there is no flow difference, but it is substantially lighter and often has a thinner wall section, resulting in a lot raspier note compared to plain carbon steel or stainless steel.
So an exhaust piecemealed together in chunks that are welded together vs a mandrel bent system have the same flow characteristics?

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
mandrel bent vs mandrel bent, the material has negligible difference.

Ti is often pie cut/lobstered because it's not viable for most shops to bend it - unlike stainless/carbon steel

That said, a well-made lobster/pie cut exhaust will flow largely the same. On an engineering level, yes, there are some losses, but I you would not even pick it up within 0.10hp
Sponsored