Best Intake system paired with FTP charge pipe?

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
Would recommend spending money anywhere else first unless you need the charge pipe for meth or want looks. You won't gain any power and more likely for the charge pipe to keep blowing off.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
I bought the red combo and selected the Injen Evo CAI. Then found out the intake pipe will not work with the EVO CAI. Be cautioned! There are other CAI.s it will work with to include some Injen's. I always use Injen CAI.s but that's just my personal preference. Search CAI.s on the forum for starters.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Selling my red FTP intake pipe for $100.00 cash. If interested and live in the DFW area I'll meet you in Fort Worth or any where closer to Granbury for the exchange.

OP
OP
dragonhunter241

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Selling my red FTP intake pipe for $100.00 cash. If interested and live in the DFW area I'll meet you in Fort Worth or any where closer to Granbury for the exchange.
Hey dude I’m in Virginia....

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
What’s the best CAI system that can pair with the FTP charge pipe or the intake/charge pipe combo? https://speedindustry.com/ftp-g20-b58-red-pipe-combo
I have already spend the money on a FTP charge pipe. I am throwing it in the bin and going back to the original as soon as possible. I am sick of spending track days under the bonnet trying to reconnect the joining hose pipe and the clamps as I did again today. I have used FTP charge pipes before without issue and I like the idea of porclein versus moulded plastic, so it was my first purchase for my new Supra . But the system for the Supra A90 simply does not work despite trying every diferent hose clamp on the market. The moulded rubber connector provided to connect the charge pipe to the CAI pipe continually blows off under boost. I came back from Bootmod 3 tune to Bootmod 2 but it still doesn't work. My two track day mates have been running much higher tunes on the original charge pipes for 12 moths without an issue. If anyone has found a one piece charge pipe and matching CAI that really works then please let me know. I am reluctant to throw too much more money at the cause as the GR owners group I run with in Australia on track show the CAI and charge pipe changes make the least amount of difference in terms of performance gains. I made the investment in the FTP charge pipe purely for reliability reasons. Unfortunately unles you are willing to re-engineer the hose and clamps in away I could not find, IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I have already spend the money on a FTP charge pipe. I am throwing it in the bin and going back to the original as soon as possible. I am sick of spending track days under the bonnet trying to reconnect the joining hose pipe and the clamps as I did again today. I have used FTP charge pipes before without issue and I like the idea of porclein versus moulded plastic, so it was my first purchase for my new Supra . But the system for the Supra A90 simply does not work despite trying every diferent hose clamp on the market. The moulded rubber connector provided to connect the charge pipe to the CAI pipe continually blows off under boost. I came back from Bootmod 3 tune to Bootmod 2 but it still doesn't work. My two track day mates have been running much higher tunes on the original charge pipes for 12 moths without an issue. If anyone has found a one piece charge pipe and matching CAI that really works then please let me know. I am reluctant to throw too much more money at the cause as the GR owners group I run with in Australia on track show the CAI and charge pipe changes make the least amount of difference in terms of performance gains. I made the investment in the FTP charge pipe purely for reliability reasons. Unfortunately unles you are willing to re-engineer the hose and clamps in away I could not find, IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME.
The entire stock intake system on these cars seem to be damn near perfect and well thought out. I knew I wasn't going to get a full intake but I was going to get a charge pipe, I may reconsider because a lot of people have complained about them popping off if you're tuned.

Would like a larger integrated intercooler however :)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Are you referring to the section that bridges the two halves of the charge pipe? (see picture below)

If so how much boost are you running to blow those pieces apart? You can always install high pressure clamps to ensure the 2 halves stay connected.

-RJM

738ADBA0-75F0-4147-8D16-D9F1B0B25D59.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZWGMXZ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_glt_fabc_EKY574E9JGX8FQ279SNX?psc=1

EB3A6C77-EAEF-46E7-AB1F-F1E6D46326EB.jpeg

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am referring to the section of pipe you mentioned and I have tried the SS Tbolt clamps you have referenced above, to no avail. I am running a level 2 Bootmod tune with a 200 free flow catted downpipe and standard air intake. A BMW engineer who was at my last track day tried to help. We tightened the T Clamp to the absolute maximum on the smaller end of the pipe, but it still slipped off after 2 laps. His comment was as follows:

1. the quality of the silicone pipe was suspect as it had flared our considerably from my attempts to seal it to the porcelain pipe.
2. he believed that the length of the narrow end of the silicone joiner pipe was not long enough to get a wider T clamp on and this was the major factor.
3. He was surprised of the gap between the two silicone pipes even though they were fitted perfectly.
I have been a big fan of FTP charge pipes and have run them without any concerns on previous vehicles running much higher boast.
My supplier Andy at Flashtuned Suite 12 / 2 Ambitious LinkBibra Lake WA 6163 P: 0419940526 is the ultimate professional, and is trying to source me a new pipe and clamps that will fix the problem. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. I am not the only one who has experienced this problem on the Supra. I have two colleagues who have reverted to the original one piece charge pipe and are running much more boost. Thank you Glenn

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I am referring to the section of pipe you mentioned and I have tried the SS Tbolt clamps you have referenced above, to no avail. I am running a level 2 Bootmod tune with a 200 free flow catted downpipe and standard air intake. A BMW engineer who was at my last track day tried to help. We tightened the T Clamp to the absolute maximum on the smaller end of the pipe, but it still slipped off after 2 laps. His comment was as follows:

1. the quality of the silicone pipe was suspect as it had flared our considerably from my attempts to seal it to the porcelain pipe.
2. he believed that the length of the narrow end of the silicone joiner pipe was not long enough to get a wider T clamp on and this was the major factor.
3. He was surprised of the gap between the two silicone pipes even though they were fitted perfectly.
I have been a big fan of FTP charge pipes and have run them without any concerns on previous vehicles running much higher boast.
My supplier Andy at Flashtuned Suite 12 / 2 Ambitious LinkBibra Lake WA 6163 P: 0419940526 is the ultimate professional, and is trying to source me a new pipe and clamps that will fix the problem. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. I am not the only one who has experienced this problem on the Supra. I have two colleagues who have reverted to the original one piece charge pipe and are running much more boost. Thank you Glenn
You do realize there was a design update to improve the connection between the two halves of the charge pipe.

Is yours the early version with only a smooth surface or the new one with the ridges?

-RJM

9A0C196D-3628-447C-AE55-5642F79BE72C.jpeg

9000439C-E6ED-4631-A9A4-013523B677F2.jpeg

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You do realize there was a design update to improve the connection between the two halves of the charge pipe.

Is yours the early version with only a smooth surface or the new one with the ridges?

-RJM

9A0C196D-3628-447C-AE55-5642F79BE72C.jpeg

9000439C-E6ED-4631-A9A4-013523B677F2.jpeg
Thank you so much. Yes mine was the earlier version. I was unware of the update until you told me. Thanks for your time in advising me of this issue. Glenn
Sponsored