Best overall air intake upgrade?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I know there are already a few posts about air intake upgrades but they are from a while back.
What I want to know is what you all went with any why. I’m potentially looking for a lot better sound as well as some performance.
There are some intakes that are $300 ish and others way over $500. From the look of intakes, paying $500 for one doesn’t seem like it’s drastically better than a $300 intake.
I’m also wanting to avoid the BMS intake because I don’t want to use the stock rubber intake hose (sorry burger)
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
From discussions & dyno graphs here, I gather exhaust and intake don't do too much for performance on this car unless you're 500+ hp and intake is somehow your bottleneck... or you're dragging/launching all the time and heat soak per iat, poor turbo shielding/high amb temp... But you could do radiators/cac/etc, spray....
It's more for the music to your ears :) and if you go with cone, you open up room for i.e. catch can, flex, etc... and some intakes didn't consider sway bars...
Just got my intake muffler delete lol.
Watch out for the clamp issue some are having...
I'm pondering to get one as well for spool sound, with FTP or something..

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
From discussions & dyno graphs here, I gather exhaust and intake don't do too much for performance on this car unless you're 500+ hp and intake is somehow your bottleneck... or you're dragging/launching all the time and heat soak per iat, poor turbo shielding/high amb temp... But you could do radiators/cac/etc, spray....
It's more for the music to your ears :) and if you go with cone, you open up room for i.e. catch can, flex, etc... and some intakes didn't consider sway bars...
I saw some dynos on a
appreciate the response but this isn’t what I was asking.
also I’m pretty sure an oil catch can doesn’t do shit based on reviews I’ve seen

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well you asked about "better sound" and performance. I simply said not much perf gains from even the $1000 ones... It's brand A vs B difference.
I've also not seen a side-by-side single dyno, same day/location with more than one type intake being tested to see a good comparison. Regardless, dyno isn't the only aspect to look at for intake is also what I'm trying to elude to...
If you're using it only for daily you probably won't care about soak. I personally like to tell people my needs to get more specific, more on the money answers... That's why I threw in hp figures, catch can for you to kindda define your scope.
But yes, I get your question but don't have first hand experience with any intake for Supra to answer your "why you went with it".. just sharing few thought points. I'll shut up for you now...

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
Honestly man it’s mostly preference at this point as Xtreme mentioned above me. I know plenty of people with stock intakes on pure 800/700s making north of 600+ whp and some that are using intakes like AMS, AEM and Eventuri on those turbos as well. I personally run the Eventuri intake although it is pricey simply because I liked the setup (seemed properly engineered), the look and the fact that there was multiple 3rd party dynos on it showing 13-25whp gains with stage 2 tunes. But to be clear I didn’t buy it for the gains themselves. So it’s up to you on how you want to spend your money for performance gains.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I'm going with the AMS system. I like how the design is fully enclosed and makes use of the stock air dam. Also, no heat soak with carbon fiber :)

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I went with Eventuri because they look pretty and my car is a garage queen. So I have their engine cover as well to match.

Honestly the stock intake is plenty good imho if you don't really care about the appearance of your engine bay.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just got an email from AWE. They have few samples of their brand new intake ready for purchase. If they don't post it here in few days I will. They look extremely good in CF.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Just got an email from AWE. They have few samples of their brand new intake ready for purchase. If they don't post it here in few days I will. They look extremely good in CF.
Please share link here?

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
the MST intake with inlet provides the best performance and sound in my opinion
https://store-gd6olw6.mybigcommerce...urbo-cold-air-intake-system-turbo-inlet-pipe/

Injen open intake is a close second for half the price
https://store-gd6olw6.mybigcommerce.com/injen-sp-cold-air-intake-system-toyota-supra-a90/
Thanks for your take on the MST. Think that may be a good option. Although did your prices go up? I thought I saw this before in the $425-450 range

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Please share link here?
No link, came in the form of an email. They're one of our gold sponsors, thus I'll let them announce it. If I see a link, I'll post it here.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Thanks for your take on the MST. Think that may be a good option. Although did your prices go up? I thought I saw this before in the $425-450 range
the intake is in that range, the one i posted is the intake + inlet. adding the inlet increases the sound and performance
Sponsored