BF Goodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS Opinions?

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Hey All,

Only saw one post referencing these all season tires but they seem to be the best rated on TireRack.

Anyone running these and have an opinion?

These would be for my gf's (potential) 3.0 for all year round in NY. Snow would be avoided but cold and wet would be part of the conditions.

I don't think she would ever max out the car to take advantage of the summer-only tires so all seasons are the best route.
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I did some digging around and came to the conclusion that the Michelin All Season 4 tires were the best overall and have a high tread life warranty.

remember that the front and back tires are different sizes when ordering.

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did some digging around and came to the conclusion that the Michelin All Season 4 tires were the best overall and have a high tread life warranty.

remember that the front and back tires are different sizes when ordering.
Oh crap, I didn't realize the AS4s were available in this size? Tire Rack did not list them.

I agree that would be my preferred tire as Michelin are the best IMO.

Thanks for the info and let me look harder :)

Edit - I just checked Michelin's site and it says the do not have them for 255/35-19 F and 275/35-19 R.

Did you go with other sizes?

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Hey All,

Only saw one post referencing these all season tires but they seem to be the best rated on TireRack.

Anyone running these and have an opinion?

These would be for my gf's (potential) 3.0 for all year round in NY. Snow would be avoided but cold and wet would be part of the conditions.

I don't think she would ever max out the car to take advantage of the summer-only tires so all seasons are the best route.
I had these on my last car a G37xS. They were terrific tires all around. The only “negative” if you can call it that is that the sidewall appears pretty “knobby” for lack of a better term. The salesman actually asked if they were winter tires when I traded it in. I would definitely recommend this tire.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Running them now, swapped out the PSS tires as soon as I got the car in September so I could drive on non-snowy days here in PA. I like them a lot, but they are definitely a compromise for handling over a pure summer performance tire. Noticeably easier to overpower them in a hard acceleration situation.

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had these on my last car a G37xS. They were terrific tires all around. The only “negative” if you can call it that is that the sidewall appears pretty “knobby” for lack of a better term. The salesman actually asked if they were winter tires when I traded it in. I would definitely recommend this tire.
Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the pic they do not appear too "knobby". Is this the same version you had?

My only concern with these is the siping does not look too aggressive...but the reviews do look good.

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Running them now, swapped out the PSS tires as soon as I got the car in September so I could drive on non-snowy days here in PA. I like them a lot, but they are definitely a compromise for handling over a pure summer performance tire. Noticeably easier to overpower them in a hard acceleration situation.
That's good to hear. She will not drive in the snow unless it is unforecasted but hopefully they can actually move the car if she does. With the exception of this winter, we have been without snow for years. When it does, it is cleared the next day.

I'm curious about the breaking loose though. My car is a X3MC with AWD (~500HP) and I run dedicated winters/summers. I can break it loose if I want to but it is very controlled.

Last night while test driving the Supra, it was literally simple to kick out the back. I figured it was a combination of the summer tires and 40 degree temps.

But from your post I wonder if it is the nature of the vehicle? Tail happy?

This will be her daily driver and she doesn't drive as aggressively as me but I am concerned about lack of control when you get on it.

Are you just experiencing this just in wet or in dry as well?

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
I'm curious about the breaking loose though. My car is a X3MC with AWD (~500HP) and I run dedicated winters/summers. I can break it loose if I want to but it is very controlled.

Last night while test driving the Supra, it was literally simple to kick out the back. I figured it was a combination of the summer tires and 40 degree temps.

But from your post I wonder if it is the nature of the vehicle? Tail happy?

This will be her daily driver and she doesn't drive as aggressively as me but I am concerned about lack of control when you get on it.

Are you just experiencing this just in wet or in dry as well?

Operative term in your prior vehicle "AWD". That makes a huge difference in overall launch capability.

And yes, the car is tail happy in most situations. So long as she leaves the electronic nannies on though, she will be fine. Just leave traction control fully on.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I'm rolling the same tires and I'm of the same opinion. They do what they're intended for very well, which is get through cold temps/light snow conditions without getting you killed. Noticeably quieter than stock PSS as well.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the pic they do not appear too "knobby". Is this the same version you had?

My only concern with these is the siping does not look too aggressive...but the reviews do look good.
Yeah, they look a bit more aggressive in person on the sidewall. Not really a negative to me but others remark on it.

The siping works. Never had a problem hydroplaning with these.In fact, wet weather performance is a strong suit of these tires. I would highly recommend these.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Because of Covid, Michelin haulted their manufacturing of performance tires. Not sure when they will be back on the market

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, they look a bit more aggressive in person on the sidewall. Not really a negative to me but others remark on it.

The siping works. Never had a problem hydroplaning with these.In fact, wet weather performance is a strong suit of these tires. I would highly recommend these.
Excellent - thanks for the info!

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because of Covid, Michelin haulted their manufacturing of performance tires. Not sure when they will be back on the market
Meaning they had them prior and ran out?

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes. Then stopped making them for now.
Hmmmm....I really would prefer the Michelins as I have had great experience with their tires.

I guess it depends, technically she won't need them until Oct/Nov and could drive around on the OEMs and maybe production might start again? But if there is a market for the OEMs with like 20 miles on them it might be worth to get the BFs when she gets it.
Sponsored