Black Exhaust Tip /w Plastidip - DIY.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
What is the melting point of plastidip? Sure the tips cool quickly but if you ever touched them right after driving you will notice they are rather hot.

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
here's what it looks like after 6 track days. notice that driver side is not as bad as passenger side where sport mode exhaust will come out. all I need to is cover up bumper and re-dip.

Before track days, it looked perfect as the day I dipped it through street driving in sports mode for hours as well as hard driving in country road. I was quite surprised on that. Matter of fact, only 1 track day turned it to that and did not change since.

one day in future, i will remove plastidip and take a look how it looks like under the dip. Also, this wasn't really about plastidip but more about re-painting the tip. once you take it off, you can use high-temp paint or powder coating to change color of the tip. now that I painted it with black, i might do black powder coat in the future.

Tinted lights 02.png

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
just take the off and get them high temp ceramic coated. Will cost $50-$60 and you won't have to constantly maintain it

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
here's what it looks like after 6 track days. notice that driver side is not as bad as passenger side where sport mode exhaust will come out. all I need to is cover up bumper and re-dip.

Before track days, it looked perfect as the day I dipped it through street driving in sports mode for hours as well as hard driving in country road. I was quite surprised on that. Matter of fact, only 1 track day turned it to that and did not change since.

one day in future, i will remove plastidip and take a look how it looks like under the dip. Also, this wasn't really about plastidip but more about re-painting the tip. once you take it off, you can use high-temp paint or powder coating to change color of the tip. now that I painted it with black, i might do black powder coat in the future.

Tinted lights 02.png
The phantom Supra looks so good.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to fool ya.. this is not phantom.. here's comparison of phatom and my Pewter. :D
20200927_082012.jpg
Wow, I stand corrected, the pewter looks so good. Do you have an IG account I can follow to get some more of the pewter goodness?

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
yea that pewter is sick. really shows the lines and curves