Blew some fuses, I think?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Quick recap of what I did: I was looking to use hardwire my Uniden R3 into the fuses in the rearview mirror housing. While putting the housing back on, I must've caught the wire and put it in a weird position bc I heard a pop (assuming a short and a blown fuse there) which then started up a warning light saying the auto wipers and lights weren't working, and then the climate control also stopped working (no display, buttons don't do anything -- assuming that earlier failure cascaded here).

Anyone experience this issue and can chime in on what I need to do to fix?
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Thanks for the link. I saw you got at F2. How difficult was that? I'm hoping I haven't blown F3, but it seems like a PITA to get to
It sucked 😂

need to remove the mat, open the door, remove the bottom trim next to passenger seat, pull down the fabric under the glove compartment, pop off the fuse box cover, reach in with some needle nose pliers and do your thing

remember that you are going to be upside down laying across the seat + center console during most of this process

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Friendly reminder: Disconnect your battery before doing electrical work. I've learned this the hard way, too.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It sucked 😂

need to remove the mat, open the door, remove the bottom trim next to passenger seat, pull down the fabric under the glove compartment, pop off the fuse box cover, reach in with some needle nose pliers and do your thing

remember that you are going to be upside down laying across the seat + center console during most of this process
Oof, looks like a pain. Hopefully I don't need to replace F3.

Friendly reminder: Disconnect your battery before doing electrical work. I've learned this the hard way, too.
Blowing the fuse was me being stupid thinking the job was done after I tested the circuit for power before putting the housing back on.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you end up having to replace F3? I got the same issue here lol
Yup, replaced F3.

I did; I accidentally blew the fuse when I accidentally pulled a wire out when it caught on the mirror housing when I was testing that the radar had power.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I did; I accidentally blew the fuse when I accidentally pulled a wire out when it caught on the mirror housing when I was testing that the radar had power.
Look, it just seemed like a good time for the friendly reminder to disconnect your battery before doing electrical work. I've learned this the hard way, too.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Those Germans couldn't have made changing a fuse harder if they tried. Blew the accessory fuse and what an absolute pain in the ass that was to change. The wife kind of expected me to sell the car after that. I may have uttered a few things. Fortunately I drove it again and all was forgiven.
Sponsored