Blind Spot Monitor

Blzr1104

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra 2020 3.0
Has anyone received the Blind Spot Monitor error message ??? I unplugged the battery when changing out my steering wheel and had that error come on. Drove for 100 miles hoping it will reset itself but still there.
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have on several occasions. I just turn the system off via button in the center console then let it sit overnight and it's fine the next day. Sometimes this car is like windows 98..

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I got reverse sensor error after i had disconnected the battery and waited 30mins before removing my airbag, but went away after two days of driving.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
Has anyone received the Blind Spot Monitor error message ??? I unplugged the battery when changing out my steering wheel and had that error come on. Drove for 100 miles hoping it will reset itself but still there.
@Blzr1104 Just wondering if the blind spot monitor error ever cleared for you? Or did you have to take it into the dealer?

Im having the same issue and mine hasnt cleared in about a weeks worth of driving. Ive had this issue before when installing subs/amp with the battery disconnected, but it cleared pretty much right away. Ive tried turning safety features completely off and turning car off/on...but no success. Anyone have any other advice or experience with this?

OP
OP
Blzr1104

Blzr1104

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra 2020 3.0
@Blzr1104 Just wondering if the blind spot monitor error ever cleared for you? Or did you have to take it into the dealer?

Im having the same issue and mine hasnt cleared in about a weeks worth of driving. Ive had this issue before when installing subs/amp with the battery disconnected, but it cleared pretty much right away. Ive tried turning safety features completely off and turning car off/on...but no success. Anyone have any other advice or experience with this?
I fixed mine by taking apart my steering wheel and disconnecting all the plugs and plugging it back in. Everything is back and running.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
I fixed mine by taking apart my steering wheel and disconnecting all the plugs and plugging it back in. Everything is back and running.
Hey thanks for the reply. I actually ended up doing the exact same thing and it fixed both the LKA and BPMā€¦ it makes sense since both systems activate the steering wheel vibration. Iā€™m guessing one of the plugs wasnā€™t plugged in tight enough when I did my steering wheel install and it just needed to be properly seated.

558_MKV

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I took my car in for the recall and the tech spent some time trying to diagnose the error, but was unable to figure it out. Iā€™m going to re-seat all the connections in hopes it works. Very happy to have found this thread!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I took my car in for the recall and the tech spent some time trying to diagnose the error, but was unable to figure it out. Iā€™m going to re-seat all the connections in hopes it works. Very happy to have found this thread!

Did it ever work for you?

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Have the exact same issue right now. I'm gonna re-connect everything tomorrow, I'm assuming it's the vibration module

I'll keep y'all updated