Bm3 bricked my car, I need help

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I tried flashing with bm3 because I thought my ecu was unlocked, it wasn’t, now I’m bricked. I’ve tried reflashing back to stock with the flash and relock option but it fails to download the map every time. I’ve already emailed them about this but they’re closed and I need a little quicker help. Can anyone help?
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I tried flashing with bm3 because I thought my ecu was unlocked, it wasn’t, now I’m bricked. I’ve tried reflashing back to stock with the flash and relock option but it fails to download the map every time. I’ve already emailed them about this but they’re closed and I need a little quicker help. Can anyone help?
I doubt they can do anything. It was on you to make sure it could be flashed. This could be a very costly mistake, having to go to Toyota to explain how it got bricked, buying a new ECU, and if your service manager doesn't play ball, they'll flag your car for future warranty denials too.

OP
OP

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I doubt they can do anything. It was on you to make sure it could be flashed. This could be a very costly mistake, having to go to Toyota to explain how it got bricked, buying a new ECU, and if your service manager doesn't play ball, they'll flag your car for future warranty denials too.
Bricked might have been bad wording, everything works, it just doesn’t turn over. It says drivetrain malfunction

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Bricked might have been bad wording, everything works, it just doesn’t turn over. It says drivetrain malfunction
That's because "everything else" runs off of different ECU's, which a flash doesn't affect.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
What i am not understanding here is that it is a well known fact the 2021 ecus are locked. Why wasnt there a disclaimer on the seller website and why was there an attempt to do this with zero research

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
List price for a 2020 ecu is $1799.00 usd. Not sure what a 2021 goes for because parts sites are not updated yet.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
What i am not understanding here is that it is a well known fact the 2021 ecus are locked. Why wasnt there a disclaimer on the seller website and why was there an attempt to do this with zero research
I’m wondering if he could reach out to one of the protuners and see if they can bench unlock and repair his ecu before he opts on buying a completely brand new one.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Honestly i would just delete this thread, close the car up, call toyota roadside tomorrow and be all “wut happun” it just didnt start. Warranty plx! And hope for the best

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Honestly i would just delete this thread, close the car up, call toyota roadside tomorrow and be all “wut happun” it just didnt start. Warranty plx! And hope for the best
Ooof, that would be a tough sell if they can see an attempt to flash was made. Of course, you’d never know unless you tried.

Personally I’d go the tuner route first, then play dumb if they can’t fix it. Going to Toyota first and having your car black listed might not be the best option.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I wonder if a tuner can even fix it, being locked and all. i am also wondering if you can just stick a new ecu in and be ok or of something needs to be done to register it to the car.

im banking on the toyota people being incompetent in diagnosing a bmw and opting to just replace the ecu like they have for other people on the forum (not due to failure to research before a flash... or so we are lead to believe, but rather due to ”unexplained” technical issues)

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Wherever you bought the tune you should ask for some help here or contact a tuner tomorrow when everyone is available.

OP
OP

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I’m wondering if he could reach out to one of the protuners and see if they can bench unlock and repair his ecu before he opts on buying a completely brand new one.
That’s what I was wondering
Sponsored