BMW oem Steering wheel

B9F8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99nb, ilx
Does anyone know if a BMW oem steering wheel would be a direct drop in (with functional buttons and everything).
Sponsored

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Interested to know, too, as Iā€™d like a thicker wheel similar to what M cars come with.

swat-spence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Raptor - C8 Z06 allocation deposited
Anyone try this yet?

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Apparently someone has put an F3X/F8X wheel on. I wonder if a G29 wheel would work?

EA149D66-46CB-4AB9-8E40-A65D68E30082.png

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Bumping this thread back up.

Anyone know if any of these BMW M wheels are plug and play on our cars?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
The Supra is based of the Fxx larger airbag steering wheel version. Per my research it looks like any of the F3x wheels will physically fit (whether it being the large or small airbag versions).

The airbag alone will cost you between $200-$500 second hand though. As for the larger airbag version, the wiring for the controls is the same (you just have to find the controls with the correct button configurations).

The only thing i'm not too certain about is the steering wheel with the smaller airbag (which is the one pictured in the instagram post above). Physically, I know it fits because the F3x is equipped with either the larger or smaller airbag. However, I am not certain of the controls, paddle shift, nor airbag connector from the steering wheel with smaller airbag. (does it require additional coding? do you need to re-arange the pins in the connector?, etc)

tara-Blue-centre-stripe-at-12-oclock-M-stitching-1.jpg

entre-stripe-at-12-oclock-Light-silver-stitching-1.jpg

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
If you're after a thicker wheel, there are plenty of aftermarket options that retain the OEM core (which means the OEM airbag and all of the OEM buttons) and just re-skin it in a different [thicker] finish.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
If you're after a thicker wheel, there are plenty of aftermarket options that retain the OEM core (which means the OEM airbag and all of the OEM buttons) and just re-skin it in a different [thicker] finish.
I agree, best just to get re-wrapped with thicker padding and not worry about the rest. But I think some people prefer the looks of the smaller airbag design from BMW which is why the seek that one instead.

If you look closely in that instagram picture however, the smaller airbag version does reveal the plastic bit from the steering column a tad more, which is why I think Toyota\BMW decided to go with the least sporty steering option instead (larger airbag design covers up the steering column plastic trim).

evendale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37, FRS, Supra
My friend tried F generation m performance steering wheel and it fits, but the buttons does not work. Probably reprogramming is required. Then he tried G generation mp steering wheel and everything works, plug and play.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
My friend tried F generation m performance steering wheel and it fits, but the buttons does not work. Probably reprogramming is required. Then he tried G generation mp steering wheel and everything works, plug and play.
what about adaptive cruise functions? any way to know the airbag is working 100% functionally?

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
As someone who has had an airbag deploy in his (non-Supra) car, I would proceed very carefully, if at all with this mod. You absolutely want it to be fully functional.

Reactions: zrk

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
he didnā€™t use a G29 M sport wheel? any specifics as to which G series wheel he tested? Thanks

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
hmm.... Ive been thinking about trying the wheel from my M340 on the supra.....
I feel like that should work, but remember to find a wheel with adaptive cruise as it is not common on the m340, but most a90's have it and that would be a shame to loose that function. But it is much nicer the m340 wheel, nice leather wrapped airbag

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I feel like that should work, but remember to find a wheel with adaptive cruise as it is not common on the m340, but most a90's have it and that would be a shame to loose that function. But it is much nicer the m340 wheel, nice leather wrapped airbag
My M340 has adaptive cruise.
Sponsored