BMW Oil and Brake Fluid

Brostradamus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Prem
So I took my 2020 Supra into the dealership today to get the brake fluid warning light checked (see this thread) as well as get my 20k service done and state safety/emissions inspection

The dealership ended up comping me the inspection because they were out of stock of the oil and brake fluid necessary to perform the other services. They said they had no idea when the backorders would catch up and recommended that I either call them monthly to check and see if they have the inventory in stock, or go to a BMW dealership where they "almost certainly" have the right oil and fluids. They said their hands are tied because they need to use Toyota-branded inventory and the supply chain is messed up.

So, I guess my questions are:
  1. What' are the BMW oil and brake fluid types I should be asking for at the BMW dealership?
  2. Does anyone have any experience taking their Supra to a BMW dealership?
Sponsored

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
For engine oil, you could go with either 0w-20 or 0w-30 BMW Twin Power Turbo full synthetic. I usually get the full oil service package from ECS tuning. They have tons of different oils for the Supra. Here’s a link to oem BMW Brake fluid also from ECS. It’s just a Dot 4 fluid

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Factory fill is BMW TwinPower 0w-20. I ran BMW TwinPower 5w-30 and now Liqui Moly 5w-30.

Brake fluid is just DOT 4 based fluid. If you want something better than factory for more agressive driving (e.g., track days), then Castrol SRF or something similar is best.
Sponsored