TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Supra, 2003 Mustang Cobra (terminator), 1998 BMW M3
2021 Supra with 1700 miles

had the car tuned and running perfect with downpipe only and e40, decided to add an intake a couple months ago,after the fact and weird stuff seems to be happening now. It did seem a little bit slower after intake but I thought it was in my head.

datalogged my car and showed tuner, air flow is down from 1380 kh/hr to around 1200. Boost is also dropping off. I took the armaspeed intake off and put stock back on but nothing has changed on the data logs, so now Iā€™m thinking it wasnā€™t t

I installed a boost logic catback a few weeks ago but Iā€™m going to say thatā€™s not related

the only reason I logged it was because a cel came on Sunday for the car running lean. Iā€™ve cleared that and it hasnā€™t come back yet, all fuel trims are normal

I have never touched any of the boost lines or charge pipe. Any ideas whatā€™s going on?
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
wondering if your ethanol content might be off. too much ethanol and the fuel system could be maxed out for a second sending you into a limp mode and cutting boost.

OP
OP

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wondering if your ethanol content might be off. too much ethanol and the fuel system could be maxed out for a second sending you into a limp mode and cutting boost.
So my ethanol was at e45, I took it down to 39 this morning but didnā€™t see any improvements, i was thinking what you were. The car is maxing out back pressure that the tuner set it to and trying to close the waste gates to make more boost, but the boost isnā€™t coming in. After messing with the charge pipe, my mass air flow went up from 1220 to 1270, the target is 1350 which it was easily making before I put the armaspeed on.

Tuner and another tuner are stumped and keep saying itā€™s a boost leak so Iā€™ve got no idea lol. Unless thereā€™s a tiny crack in the charge pipe for some reason or the o ring broke.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
So my ethanol was at e45, I took it down to 39 this morning but didnā€™t see any improvements, i was thinking what you were. The car is maxing out back pressure that the tuner set it to and trying to close the waste gates to make more boost, but the boost isnā€™t coming in. After messing with the charge pipe, my mass air flow went up from 1220 to 1270, the target is 1350 which it was easily making before I put the armaspeed on.

Tuner and another tuner are stumped and keep saying itā€™s a boost leak so Iā€™ve got no idea lol. Unless thereā€™s a tiny crack in the charge pipe for some reason or the o ring broke.
Make a boost leak kit. Buy silicone coupler to fit over the intake side of the turbo get an air compressor, some fittings and Guage and pressure up your intake system and use soapy water.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
strange, that you would be leaking boost especially when the intake only replaces the parts on the inlet side of the turbo... Looks like the charge pipe doesnt get touched.

Abomb210

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Check your Intake Air Temps. You might be getting hot up top and Supraā€™s tend to pull boost when IATs are above a certain temperature. I had this same issue until I went back to stock intake. Once I figure a good heat shield Iā€™ll put my MST back on. Hope this helps

Abomb210

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Sorry just seen you put your stock back on. Now Iā€™m not sure. You might have a separate issue

OP
OP

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If anybody was wondering, my turbo fins got damaged from debris that must have gotten in when I swapped intakes. I have since put a big turbo kit on

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
If anybody was wondering, my turbo fins got damaged from debris that must have gotten in when I swapped intakes. I have since put a big turbo kit on
Thanks for updating this. I just ordered an Armaspeed and was thinking about this exact thing when I was watching an install video, I'll likely go through everything with a shop vac before and after removal, and again during install to make sure this doesn't occur.

mrd

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0 Premium
Did you mod before break in? lol
Sponsored