Boost gauge using CarPlay + jail broken iphone

charger71

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Using OBDFusion app (Uses an OBD Bluetooth dongle for car info) on a jailbroken iPhone. CarBridge jailbreak app then used to show any app in CarPlay. Finally the display I want, all auto connects when I get in the car, just tap the obdfusion app and I’m up.

If anyone needs help let me know and I can post some links.

1AFB80A1-4A4E-4ECF-937C-7B1983331D99.jpeg

0E2C033B-5F2C-4691-ABF1-EDA41BFEACC6.jpeg
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
The only issue I had running OBDFusion was the dongle would set off the car alarm anytime I locked the car with the dongle plugged in. Apparently, there's a way to code this off but I never found the specifics. How do you handle the dongle/alarm issues (assuming you've had the same problem)?

OP
OP

charger71

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
The only issue I had running OBDFusion was the dongle would set off the car alarm anytime I locked the car with the dongle plugged in. Apparently, there's a way to code this off but I never found the specifics. How do you handle the dongle/alarm issues (assuming you've had the same problem)?
I haven’t had any alarm issues, coded several things like seatbelt chime off, video in motion, etc but nothing alarm related. Maybe related to the specific dongle?

I leave mine plugged in 24/7, locked or unlocked its been fine.

This is the one so have, is yours any different communication or function?
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2.
.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XKQQQW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

theguysmiley

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, Nitro Yellow
Using OBDFusion app (Uses an OBD Bluetooth dongle for car info) on a jailbroken iPhone. CarBridge jailbreak app then used to show any app in CarPlay. Finally the display I want, all auto connects when I get in the car, just tap the obdfusion app and I’m up.

If anyone needs help let me know and I can post some links.

1AFB80A1-4A4E-4ECF-937C-7B1983331D99.jpeg

0E2C033B-5F2C-4691-ABF1-EDA41BFEACC6.jpeg
Thanks for posting this! I'm not an Apple user, but I'm thinking about buying an old used iPhone just for this purpose. So the iPhone needs to be jailbroken in order for this setup to work?
Sponsored