protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Our Black November SALE is here, and starts NOW! :nixon:

This is a unique annual promotion on all of our products so if you've been on the fence on getting a tune then make sure to take advantage of it before Cyber Monday ends as another won't happen until next year this time!

🏷15% off single bootmod3 licenses with code 15BF2022

🏷20% off if buying 3+ licenses with code 20BF2022

🏷 For promos on other products such as BM3 FlexFuel kits, Intercoolers, charge pipes, check our website and use code 15BF2022-ALL

bootmod3 software comes with our 30 days no questions asked satisfaction guarantee policy along with unique license transfer ability that allows for moving your software license over to another vehicle later or even reselling it when moving to other cars.

https://www.bootmod3.com

bm3-bf2022.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
You tuning folks are going to run out of new customers pretty soon unless you figure out these encrypted DMEs.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Band aid at best.
I wouldn't call it a band aid... JB4 is a band aid. An unlocked and flashed ECU (even if ecutek is off the table for most people as myself) is still a true ECU flash tune. I can tell u first hand MHD vs JB4 is a dramatically noticeable difference in power, how that power is delivered, and how the car generally feels. Plus the ceiling is much higher for further modifications over a JB4 not a knock on JB4 but it isn't not that difficult or much more expensive to go to femto for unlock just a minor inconvenience that it's overseas but it's worth it IMO

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
He’s talking about sending dmes to femto not bootmod3 😂 JB4 is a piggyback, it serves a purpose but only until big and proper flash tunes arrive like BM3 and the likes

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Having to send your DME off to Finland for over $1000 while still not getting full tuning functionality (is it flex and meth injection that doesn't work?) Is barely even a band aid. Can you even make changes for the tune after it's flashed to the DME with bootmod3?

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Having to send your DME off to Finland for over $1000 while still not getting full tuning functionality (is it flex and meth injection that doesn't work?) Is barely even a band aid. Can you even make changes for the tune after it's flashed to the DME with bootmod3?
What? Of course you can. How do you think people get custom tuned. Look at all the G8x records out there last few months.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You can make any changes you want to all factory calibration tables.

The additional change offers you the ability to add and change custom code that wasn’t original factory code. (Flex fuel calibration tables, etc)

Anyone saying this is a band aid solution just because it’s done in another country is showing their arrogance.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can make any changes you want to all factory calibration tables.

The additional change offers you the ability to add and change custom code that wasn’t original factory code. (Flex fuel calibration tables, etc)

Anyone saying this is a band aid solution just because it’s done in another country is showing their arrogance.

So like I said, flex fuel and what else isn't possible? I forgot that Bootmod3 and MHD were the best tuning methods for the Supra. What was that other one though that seemed pretty popular?

And yeah, anything that involves shipping overseas in which any shipping issues results in a car sitting for months...? Sure that's not a bandaid. There's literally a thread on this forum with dozens and dozens of people showing that it's plain arrogant to think that sending a DME overseas (including the risk) is actually not a bandaid. Not to mention you have to do it for a solution that virtually none of the fastest cars use (hmmm can't figure out the reason).

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's literally an unlock. Just because it's in another country doesn't make the solution any less of a solution.
Oh wow, so I can run ECUtek, flex fuel, methanol injection and/or port injection? I was thinking there was a reason for ECUtek being so popular despite being more expensive (i think?).

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So like I said, flex fuel and what else isn't possible? I forgot that Bootmod3 and MHD were the best tuning methods for the Supra. What was that other one though that seemed pretty popular?

And yeah, anything that involves shipping overseas in which any shipping issues results in a car sitting for months...? Sure that's not a bandaid. There's literally a thread on this forum with dozens and dozens of people showing that it's plain arrogant to think that sending a DME overseas (including the risk) is actually not a bandaid. Not to mention you have to do it for a solution that virtually none of the fastest cars use (hmmm can't figure out the reason).
Anything not in the factory calibration tables, unless you clone and then the sky is the limit, like I already stated.

Sending your ecu does not put your car down for months. This isn’t the 70’s anymore. I can get things from England in two days, or even next day now.

If there is a fast 21+Supra , they used Femto. It’s the only option currently.

I suggest you educate yourself a bit more on the subject.

Last edited:

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anything not in the factory calibration tables, unless you clone and then the sky is the limit, like I already stated.

Sending your ecu does not put your car down for months. This isn’t the 70’s anymore. I can get things from England in two days, or even next day now.

If there is a fast 21+Supra , they used Femto. It’s the only option currently.

I suggest you educate yourself a bit more on the subject.
Your first paragraph does nothing to educate. I'm asking for specific features that ECUtek enables but you can't get with BM3 and MHD. So far it looks like Flex fuel is no good, so that leaves you at what, 600whp max? Or do you have to tune for one ethanol percentage? Sounds like a fucking bandaid to me. Last "fastest" list I Iooked at had like one car that wasn't running ECUtek. There's a reason people are paying $2000 for a DME to clone, it's because the alternative is a bandaid.

Also, never said it takes that long to ship. I did say that if the DME is lost or damaged, your car does sit for months (or are replacement DMEs more readily available now?).
Sponsored