Brakes are grabby

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Anyone else notice this? Brakes are very hard to utilize in a gradual way in traffic. Just stopping at a light, they are difficult to come to a complete stop without a jarring halt.
Sponsored

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 prem. Supra Ford F-150 Jeep Gr Cherokee
I haven't noticed this issue on my '22 3.0. It did have about 400 miles it when I took possession. It was transferred from out of state. But it has about 1,300 miles on it now and I haven't seen it at all.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
They need bed-in. You can either do the process or just drive it and eventually they will bed themselves.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
So I have a 21 with 14k miles, pretty sure pads would be bedded in.

Stopping in my car is so jarring, if I'm in normal mode and have auto engine off, I get jostled every time.
Driving in normal mode with auto engine off is STILL rough, because the brakes indeed are grabby, I don't think its the pads, I think it's the brake system, because it doesn't happen in sport mode.
Driving in sport mode, I can actually come to a stop gradually without getting jolted, I can creep on and off the brakes when pulling into a parking spot, I'm pretty sure this is what the majority of cars are like.
I think the supra is doing a minor brake assist / hold when in normal mode, and if you have that paired with auto start stop, its a bitch to drive the car. Maybe I'm just used to sport, and people who are used to normal mode can comment you get used to it

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I have a 21' I like the brakes. No issues and awesome at the track only 4800 miles on my car.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
So I have a 21 with 14k miles, pretty sure pads would be bedded in.

Stopping in my car is so jarring, if I'm in normal mode and have auto engine off, I get jostled every time.
Driving in normal mode with auto engine off is STILL rough, because the brakes indeed are grabby, I don't think its the pads, I think it's the brake system, because it doesn't happen in sport mode.
Driving in sport mode, I can actually come to a stop gradually without getting jolted, I can creep on and off the brakes when pulling into a parking spot, I'm pretty sure this is what the majority of cars are like.
I think the supra is doing a minor brake assist / hold when in normal mode, and if you have that paired with auto start stop, its a bitch to drive the car. Maybe I'm just used to sport, and people who are used to normal mode can comment you get used to it
I highly recommend finding a backroad where you can properly bed them in. Like, repeatedly slam on the brakes from speed and bring then the car to a hard stop until you can smell the brakes. They need to be super hot to properly bed.
Sponsored