Sponsored

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I thought I may have made a mistake going with 285/75R17 Toyo Open Country III but I couldn’t be happier!

- Method 703 8.5 X 17 with +35 setback
- Westcott 2 1/2” front 3/4” rear lift part # 35111
- Endless Mountain Motors (Westcott affiliate) installed and Fluid Film rust proofed. Great Bend , PA

IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_6726.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TacoNate8797

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma Sport
I thought I may have made a mistake going with 285/75R17 Toyo Open Country III but I couldn’t be happier!

- Method 703 8.5 X 17 with +35 setback
- Westcott 2 1/2” front 3/4” rear lift part # 35111
- Endless Mountain Motors (Westcott affiliate) installed and Fluid Film rust proofed. Great Bend , PA

IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_6726.jpeg
Bro... your taco looks good. I am getting my Westcott preload lift kit soon. How does it ride compart to stock?

Reactions: JED
OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Bro... your taco looks good. I am getting my Westcott preload lift kit soon. How does it ride compart to stock?
The Westcott lift nearly levels the truck. The back sits 1/4” taller. The installer used dielectric grease between steel and aluminum contact points to help prevent corrosion. I thought that was insightful.

The Toyo’s are 4 ply. I honestly can’t feel any difference. New tire pressure is 37.

The only down side is adding 21 lbs. per corner of unsprung weight. All tire weight. I’d expect to see a 2 to 3 mpg decrease. There is no noticeable HP effect though. This 2.4 liter is so much more improved over my Gen 2 4.0 liter!

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Thanks for sharing your build on this forum… This is the closest example of the build I’m thinking about right down to the trim level, the Bronze Oxide color and longbed. The only difference I’m looking at is the same wheels in black and going with 285/70/17 instead of 75. Great looking truck!

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Didn't realize it was a 6' foot long bed until reading the title. Do you have any side or rear quarter angle photos ? Beautiful build so far! 👏

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Didn't realize it was a 6' foot long bed until reading the title. Do you have any side or rear quarter angle photos ? Beautiful build so far! 👏
Just finished detailing it. Pouring rain now. I’ll get a few pictures out.

What I didn’t mention earlier is at with the +35 setback there is 1” poke in the front and 1/2” in the rear.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Thanks for sharing your build on this forum… This is the closest example of the build I’m thinking about right down to the trim level, the Bronze Oxide color and longbed. The only difference I’m looking at is the same wheels in black and going with 285/70/17 instead of 75. Great looking truck!
I’m a bit OCD but the OR sticker on the box appeared crooked to me so I removed them ! Sleeping better now 🤪

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Looks great! The wheel color really goes well with the truck paint color. May I ask what the shop charged you to do the install?

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Looks great! The wheel color really goes well with the truck paint color. May I ask what the shop charged you to do the install?
The actual lift installation was $425. All in with TPMS removal from OEM wheels, alignment and road force balance $850.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
The actual lift installation was $425. All in with TPMS removal from OEM wheels, alignment and road force balance $850.
Seems very fair. I'll keep them in mind. I have a lift in my shop and had planned to do the work myself, but that's cheap enough I might not.n If you need a local tint guy, I have someone in port crane that does fantastic work and only uses high end tint.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Seems very fair. I'll keep them in mind. I have a lift in my shop and had planned to do the work myself, but that's cheap enough I might not.n If you need a local tint guy, I have someone in port crane that does fantastic work and only uses high end tint.
Good wrench , great experience. Nice to support a small family business. I also had them Fluid Film corrosion protect the truck. Dan pointed out the many gussets and flanges on the new frame to potentially hold salt. Thought I did the right thing.

tmac5809

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I’m a bit OCD but the OR sticker on the box appeared crooked to me so I removed them ! Sleeping better now 🤪
I've noticed this too on more than a few Tacomas. I think TFL or some YouTuber mentioned that the sticker is parallel with one of the lines on the truck bed, but in my opinion it should be parallel with the top edge of the bed.

BTW your truck looks amazing.

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Awesome!

I've got the same truck coming in June (hopefully). I was hoping to see how those bronze 703's looked on the truck. They look great, although I think I'm leaning a little towards the Icon Compressions in their darker bronze. Also, would be nice if RRW pushed out their + offsets soon.
Sponsored