All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Yup, definitely get the Z. Itā€™s a lot faster too!!! ? more hp.
Isn't the Z getting the motor out of the infinite red sport?
If that's the case the red sport isn't overly fast...

I personally don't see the draw to the Z...just dont think it looks that good..and the materials used will definitely be of lesser quality..

Just my opinion...

Steve

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Isn't the Z getting the motor out of the infinite red sport?
If that's the case the red sport isn't overly fast...

I personally don't see the draw to the Z...just dont think it looks that good..and the materials used will definitely be of lesser quality..

Just my opinion...

Steve
Lol the Z won't be faster, especially with a manual, and it won't have more horsepower either. The 2021 Supra dynod stock at 388 wheel, so that's well over 400 crank.

Lvckv69

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Diesel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 911
Lol the Z won't be faster, especially with a manual, and it won't have more horsepower either. The 2021 Supra dynod stock at 388 wheel, so that's well over 400 crank.
It will come both auto and manual and it will have 443 at crank. The new Z won't hit the market till mid '22. I remember with the GTR the new model in years past could always be ordered around November and then owners would receive their cars usually February to March. I would like to think the Z would fall into this pattern. I'd rather wait because I don't want to have buyer's remorse and in the meantime, I will get something else to take me to work and school.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The Supra has a better motor and trans than the upcoming Z. Iā€™ve owned numerous Zā€™s in the past, and one thing I can tell you is that in terms of modding, they hit mechanical limits quickly. The MKV Supra has proven to be very stout mechanically with mostly stock components. So, if your looking for retro style, two turbos, and a guaranteed manual optionā€¦.go for the Z. If you donā€™t want to lose on the street, get the Supra. A modded MKV Supra will be very tough to beat on the road.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
It will come both auto and manual and it will have 443 at crank. The new Z won't hit the market till mid '22. I remember with the GTR the new model in years past could always be ordered around November and then owners would receive their cars usually February to March. I would like to think the Z would fall into this pattern. I'd rather wait because I don't want to have buyer's remorse and in the meantime, I will get something else to take me to work and school.

443hp? Those are bold numbers for a $40K car. I will believe it when I see it on a dyno.

-RJM

Lvckv69

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Diesel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 911
The Supra has a better motor and trans than the upcoming Z. Iā€™ve owned numerous Zā€™s in the past, and one thing I can tell you is that in terms of modding, they hit mechanical limits quickly. The MKV Supra has proven to be very stout mechanically with mostly stock components. So, if your looking for retro style, two turbos, and a guaranteed manual optionā€¦.go for the Z. If you donā€™t want to lose on the street, get the Supra. A modded MKV Supra will be very tough to beat on the road.
That is true. One thing I love about the new Supra is how easy it is to put down more power. With a simple tune and downpipe you are already making more than 400. They look so gorgeous if you throw a widebody kit. I was amazed at how 80eighty builds their Supra's and make them look like a different car. The Z is just so simple, but one thing I like is the huge digital speedometer screen.

443hp? Those are bold numbers for a $40K car. I will believe it when I see it on a dyno.

-RJM
$39k is unbelievable for a refined sports car and more than 400hp. The 370Z platform has always been highly praised for its agility and sharp chassis. If Nissan developed a whole new car, it would likely be a lot more than $394k. Nissan spent very little money on this car and still have the potential to at least go head-to-head with its' arch-nemesis. It really is the break they need. And they could easily milk the cow and start at $40k and still undercut the Supra 3.0 by $10k.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
$39 is unbelievable for a refined sports car and more than 400hp. The 370Z platform has always been highly praised for its agility and sharp chassis. If Nissan developed a whole new car, it would likely be a lot more than $39k. Nissan spent very little money on this car and still have the potential to at least go head-to-head with its' arch-nemesis. It really is the break they need. And they could easily milk the cow and start at $40k and still undercut the Supra 3.0 by $10k.
Then it turns into the likes of the Mustang..Camaro...Charger/
Challenger...it'll be just a run of the mill car...
Everyone has 1...NO THANKS!

BTW...no way a Z that can compete with the 3.0 Supra is going to be 40k...
Media n manufacturers marketing definitely have a way of hyping things up...

Again just my opinion...

Steve

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
The problem is most people, by 2022, that have wanted a Supra will have one. And most people wonā€™t want the $40K stripper car and no dealer will order dealer cars the first couple years this way. The average price will likely by high $40k range to low $50K and It will likely top out in the high $50ā€™s for the Nismo model.

The barebones Mustang GT starts at $37K. But if you want even decent creature comforts your at $41K. If you try to get a Mustang close to a Supra Premium 3.0 your at $54K.

Camaro is the same if not slightly higher.

The 400zx will be the same. By the time you add comparable features itā€™s not a $30k+ car. Look at the volumes Mustang and Camaro sells at, if you think Nissan can significantly undercut every other manufacturer on a brand new low volume car, I think your going to be very letdown.

Way too many rumors. I remember when many people rumored/predicted the BRZ/FRS would start under $22K and then it ended up being closer to $26k. Market conditions in Japan had drastically changed with the Yen. Look at right now. Itā€™s possible Nissan thought they could realest a base car for $40K but the reality is, with inflation and parts shortages it could end up being $50K+ to start.

Lvckv69

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Diesel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 911
I believe the only reason the Z will live on is because they just so happened to have all the bits and pieces to make something very competitive and essentially go for the Supra's throat. Think about it...

- The FM platform is over 20 years old but still has life in it and seemingly was over-engineered for its time and with some tuning can still be competitive.
- They had the 3.0TT V6 to go toe-to-toe with the Supra in power from the Infiniti parts bin.
- They have a 6-speed manual that can pair with that engine.
- They have all the recent tech that they can retrofit to the chassis (the screens/infotainment are straight out of the Rogue).

So besides the new sheet metal and updated interior parts, there's nothing Nissan had to really develop to make this car. This new Z has really been a styling and tuning exercise for Nissan. And if the starting price really is $39k, Nissan is intentionally passing all the R&D savings onto their customers. They need that more than anything because their reputation has been dragged and beaten in the mud. This is the appeal Nissan needs to win the enthusiast back.

Genji

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Switched from my Z to a Supra and not looking back. The VR platform is not that overly great. 400z is pretty much just a cosmetic refresh. I would rather twin turbo a VQ37VHR than a VR30DDTT.

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored