Salvage & Wrecked Supra Registry

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
The trick to selling a car that was in an accident is to sell it before it shows up on Carfax.
Sponsored

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
The trick to selling a car that was in an accident is to sell it before it shows up on Carfax.
From the Craigslist ad the Carfax does show an accident. What is unclear is what else it says. He only took a screen shot of the upper portion.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Lmao and asks nearly full price ????

But seriously even the mkv that throtl is doing as a giveaway car is a clean title and the rear tire was pretty fucked and they had to replace all the rear drivers side suspension components.
Although I feel insurance companies are incredibly subjective.
Right, but I believe they brought it off of Tj Hunt whereas this car has been through the insurance action where it was branded with a salvage title. I think if you do a buy back to repair or sell to someone else the car will still have a clean title with an accident on the carfax. Same as when @Guff got this car from @JackieD86.

mr2t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mr2
Just saw this on a S2000 I looked at. Rear quarter panel had been replaced which was obviously welded and had overspray. Carfax showed it was taken to a repair shop but was not considered a red flag for an accident.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Right, but I believe they brought it off of Tj Hunt whereas this car has been through the insurance action where it was branded with a salvage title. I think if you do a buy back to repair or sell to someone else the car will still have a clean title with an accident on the carfax. Same as when @Guff got this car from @JackieD86.

maybe the 1st owner brought it back from the insurance company before it hit the auction block and sold it to the current seller that is attempting to do the old fix and flip. regardless i dont see anything wrong with this new thread and if all the repair work was done properly the seller shouldnt have anything to worry about.

OP
OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Can you say who contacted you so we all know who to not do business with?
The person in question is DARKSIDE_MKV

F that. Scumbag like that deserves to have his scam ruined. Post it back in the salvage thread!
I just don't want to cause any trouble for admin. Either way this thread should start showing up on Google when someone searches for the VIN.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera

Learned something new, I didn't know a salvage car that's bought back by the owner will avoid the salvage branded title.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
maybe the 1st owner brought it back from the insurance company before it hit the auction block and sold it to the current seller that is attempting to do the old fix and flip. regardless i dont see anything wrong with this new thread and if all the repair work was done properly the seller shouldnt have anything to worry about.
:dunno:

Wish the owner/seller would have replied before the ban hammer went down so we can stop all the speculation. ?

Learned something new, I didn't know a salvage car that's bought back by the owner will avoid the salvage branded title.
Sorry I don't want to spread misinformation. It could also depend on your state law, insurance company, and or the extent of the damage. I just remember a long time ago my insurance declared that my car was a total lost. I did a buy back and the title remained clean.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Sorry I don't want to spread misinformation. It could also depend on your state law, insurance company, and or the extent of the damage. I just remember a long time ago my insurance declared that my car was a total lost. I did a buy back and the title remained clean.
I live in CA and had a similar experience in buying back a totaled car. When the title was issued, it was still a clean title. However the body shop that bought the car (that's the reason I bought it back) told me a Salvage title would arrive later after I sell it to them. Not sure if that's true or not, cause I did see the title from the lien holder to me and it was still a clean title.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I live in CA and had a similar experience in buying back a totaled car. When the title was issued, it was still a clean title. However the body shop that bought the car (that's the reason I bought it back) told me a Salvage title would arrive later after I sell it to them. Not sure if that's true or not, cause I did see the title from the lien holder to me and it was still a clean title.
That could be. I never lived in CA before so your state laws might be different from other states. :dunno:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
regardless i dont see anything wrong with this new thread and if all the repair work was done properly the seller shouldnt have anything to worry about.
Why the guy is throwing a temper tantrum is no one is going to pay $50k for this thing after seeing the damaged pics. Especially if you can pick up a used 3.0 for around the same price.