C7 Z06 vs Supra

SupraC8

Reaction score
Car(s)
Hellcat
Used c7 z06 is pretty much same price as new Supra now.
Those of you who already own Supra, would you consider switching(even trade)?
Here is one for 53k for example with 40k mile
upload_2020-3-8_19-51-22.png

Advertisement

Pat

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
supra better as a daily driver, id get the corvette if you just want a weekend car

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Z06 is supposed to have an outstanding ride quality actually. 40k miles is more than I'd want for the price vs a new Supra though.

a90moe

First Name
Moe
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
4-5 year old 650hp car with 40K miles

Vs new 20' model 340hp car

I would not compare the two, completely different cars with different purposes

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking Z51.

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
My Supra takes stock Z06’s with just a downpipe and tune :drive:

Exia

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 M7 Corvette Z06, 2020 Stinger GT
As a Z06 owner considering a Supra as a stablemate, if you gave me the keys to both I'd take the Z06 especially if it came in the 7 speed manual. 650hp manual with 335 wide rears? yes please. That being said comparing a new car MSRP to a used vehicle with equivalent sticker price will always end the same way. It depends on individual wants and needs. Do you need a warranty? Do you value performance per dollar? Does depreciation make your soul hurt? These are questions you must ask yourself.

I have yet to drive a Supra but the Z06 Corvette, as much as people like to compliment the ride, is stiff, if you have to drive over rough surfaces you will feel every crack, you won't unsettle the car, but you will feel it. The tires are huge and provide massive tramlining. For what the car is it is quite good as a street car but its still a weapon and the car makes you aware of this. Without even driving the Supra I can guarantee it is the better daily driver, if thats something you value. On a nice smooth highway though the Z06 is lovely, lots of road noise but very comfy, tons of passing power. Feels very GT car when you put it in top gear and just cruise the highway. The potential for topless driving also can't be understated in a Corvette, can't do that in the Supra.

Personally if I had to commute in either car and do majority city driving I'd take the Supra. If my commute was majority highway I'd take the Corvette. For a weekend car I'd take the 7 speed manual Z06 over the Supra. I would not even consider an automatic 8 speed Corvette. If auto is a must, get a Supra and tune it. Unless you really want supercharged V8 noises.

I'd imagine most people looking at new A90s know they could afford better performance cars in the used market for the same money, especially American V8 performance cars considering how many there are to choose from in the used market. The Supra is in fact a perfect match for a C7 Stingray but not the Z06.

TLDR: If your going to use the car as primarily a weekend vehicle then a manual Z06 will probably deliver more smiles, at least it does for me. The Supra is the winner for city/daily driven duty however. I would completely ignore any C7 Corvette with an automatic and get the Supra every time. Just my opinion though, your opinions may differ.

white_turbo

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I can't tell if you are serious or being sarcastic. I hope is the latter.
dead serious bro I’ve done a bunch 60 rolls not talking about 1/4th mile .

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Even a 60 roll, there must be more done to your car than just a tune and exhaust. I mean maybe you are on e85?
I was on e30 brother . My new setup on e50 comes today that should be muuuuch better lol

Jae

Reaction score
Car(s)
330i ZHP
I don't know if I could buy what was advertised as a track car only for Chevy to recommend not tracking or it'll overheat.

A90313

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I was on e30 brother . My new setup on e50 comes today that should be muuuuch better lol

I know this is old but it is kind of laughable. Only reason I stumbled on this is because I had an opportunity to play with a c7 z06 today on interstate. I was exited I could hold my own. Keep in mind that’s with pure turbo, meth, and downpipe.

the vette is 650hp stock....... gonna need more then a down pipe and tune

AlphalphaMale

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Benz C300 coupe
I don't know if I could buy what was advertised as a track car only for Chevy to recommend not tracking or it'll overheat.
Everyone knows no track cars have superchargers - heat soak is an actual thing. The Grand Sport is the actual track weapon; the Z06 is the boulevard bully.

Highhorse

Reaction score
Car(s)
‘21 Supra 3.0
My Supra takes stock Z06’s with just a downpipe and tune :drive:
Ummmmm....No, it absolutely does not.

I own both and there’s no comparison. The Supra is a better car overall, but it can’t hold a candle to the Z06. Not even in the same league.

Advertisement

Advertisement