This is the 2020 mid-engine Chevy Corvette / C8 Corvette Z06 revealed

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Majority of my class at my last HPDE were C8's, can't wait to see some C8 z06's out there.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
My guess is it will be priced a shade under the Cayman GT4. I wouldn't be surprised if prices for C8 end up following the R35, from relatively affordable MSRP to 6 figures in the middle of the run.

It seems brilliant from the trailer.

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Wow 650 hp flat plane crank NA V8 ?... wish the interior wasn't ugly though.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Sick! Still, no forced induction, no business from me. Sorry, itā€™s 2021ā€¦.why manufacturers are still dead set on n NA power is beyond me. With gas prices high, and emissions laws getting tighter and tighter, a smaller displacement TT would have been better. Ford did it with the GT years ago.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I personally still donā€™t like the C8 Z06. The proportions of the C8 donā€™t look right to me. By the time people put markups and resell this version why by this car for used super car money when you can buy a used super car? I saw a great argument earlier as well. At what point is this corvette not a corvette? American v8s are not known for a high reving flat plane crank v8. They are not know for mid engine cars. I also say this though as someone who has never understand corvettes and never have thought they were special. Every 80 year old dude seems to have one of 900 different ā€œone off specsā€ and think they are special. Needless to say I wonā€™t be in line for this.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Sick! Still, no forced induction, no business from me. Sorry, itā€™s 2021ā€¦.why manufacturers are still dead set on n NA power is beyond me. With gas prices high, and emissions laws getting tighter and tighter, a smaller displacement TT would have been better. Ford did it with the GT years ago.
I vaguely remember the previous gen Z06 or ZR1 getting complaints from "purists" for the supercharger they used (purist in car culture ticks me off; they love saying "this car sucks because its not like how they made it in my day" and ignore so many other details of how stuff has impoved). Safe to say, Chevy fell prey to the criticism.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I vaguely remember the previous gen Z06 or ZR1 getting complaints from "purists" for the supercharger they used (purist in car culture ticks me off; they love saying "this car sucks because its not like how they made it in my day" and ignore so many other details of how stuff has impoved). Safe to say, Chevy fell prey to the criticism.
I mean donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s still a badass carā€¦.but, another model Vette I wonā€™t consider. At the same time, I'm sure a FI motor would probably push the Z06 in the mid six figure price range, but thatā€™s the reality of ICE powered cars nowadaysā€¦.either build something people want and it will cost alot, or build something people may consider and keep it attainable. This is why older sports cars are in such high demandā€¦.you get the best of both worlds.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
It's a track car. The biggest complaint be about the last Z06 was being FI and not being able to take track abuse. Now they put in what appears to be a masterpiece of a motor and people still complain. What a world we live in.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I've never been a huge Corvette fan, but I'm so pleased with GM's decision to abandon the front engine + rear wheel formula. With every C8 release, it becomes more and more obvious that foolish orthodoxy was holding the platform back.

This new LT6 motor is a real work of art, and for the first time in my life I felt desire to own a Corvette.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Same. I live at altitude, up here NA engines lose so much power you might as well not even bother. An otherwise stock Supra with just a tune would be just as fast as this Z06 in Colorado. Not to mention how difficult it is to add power with NA, as soon as you start comparing mod vs mod, the Z06 will fall behind very fast.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Dam this thing is very good looking! I wonder though, I suspect the starting price to be 90k and with carbon/z package maybe at 130k-150k which is still reasonable for the power/performance/numbers it puts out and now the styling.
Sponsored