This is the 2020 mid-engine Chevy Corvette / C8 Corvette Z06 revealed

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
I think the Z06 is awesome! I thought I read that base MSRP was 87k or so. I HIGHLY doubt they will sell for that. Just like the base C8 I'm sure the price is going to be inflated for who knows how long.
Sponsored

serialbooper

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
starting price will be under 90k, of course the z07 package will be beyond that 110k ish. my wife works for GM corporate. haven't set a price yet due to supply chain unknowns that will be mostly resolved in Q1 2022. unfortunately GM employees wont be able to order well into Q3 2022. if the price is right i may say goodbye to my supra :(, but at least i wont have to deal with "market adjustments" lol

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
starting price will be under 90k, of course the z07 package will be beyond that 110k ish. my wife works for GM corporate. haven't set a price yet due to supply chain unknowns that will be mostly resolved in Q1 2022. unfortunately GM employees wont be able to order well into Q3 2022. if the price is right i may say goodbye to my supra :(, but at least i wont have to deal with "market adjustments" lol
Iā€™m budgeting 120k. That seems right.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
It's a track car. The biggest complaint be about the last Z06 was being FI and not being able to take track abuse. Now they put in what appears to be a masterpiece of a motor and people still complain. What a world we live in.
Not complaining, just not my forte. Also, plenty of FI cars are fantastic track carsā€¦.especially the one based on this forum.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I love the Z06

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
Looks amazing and would love to have one but itā€™ll be way out of my price range. Iā€™ll be sticking with my Supra and adding some small things to her. I will just have to drive the C8 in Forza 5 lol.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
The biggest complaint be about the last Z06 was being FI and not being able to take track abuse.
What does FI have to do with not being able to take track abuse? If it can't take track abuse then it can't take track abuse, FI or NA makes no difference. Just about every race car out there is turbo, or was turbo at one time until they were forced to go back to NA because they were too powerful. 24 hour LeMans cars are pretty much all turbo, if 24 straight hours of racing isn't "track abuse" then I don't know what is.

It sounds like either those people who were complaining either had no idea what they were talking about, or Chevy just put a shitty engine in the last Z06. Either way, FI in no way means it can't handle the track.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
What does FI have to do with not being able to take track abuse? If it can't take track abuse then it can't take track abuse, FI or NA makes no difference. Just about every race car out there is turbo, or was turbo at one time until they were forced to go back to NA because they were too powerful. 24 hour LeMans cars are pretty much all turbo, if 24 straight hours of racing isn't "track abuse" then I don't know what is.

It sounds like either those people who were complaining either had no idea what they were talking about, or Chevy just put a shitty engine in the last Z06. Either way, FI in no way means it can't handle the track.
I see what you did there, you compared race cars to a street car. Bravo.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not complaining, just not my forte. Also, plenty of FI cars are fantastic track carsā€¦.especially the one based on this forum.
Of course. Do we really have to go down the obvious rabbit hole of why FI cars meant for the street aren't as well suited for the track? The C7 Z06 could have been had it's cooling issues resolved but they chose a price point and that made the car not as capable on track without modifications. Wasn't there a class action suit against GM for the very issue?

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/1...rranty-coverage-over-on-track-heating-issues/

Or are some of you guys saying that GM chose an expensive brand new V8 because it was less capable without major cooling upgrades and the associated headaches?

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
For that silly money for GM design and plastic - you can get a decent 911 GT3 and or RS for actual tracking and a GT4 Cayman. Hold value better and are superb tracking machines.

99% of the new ZO6 will be 8 months to Cars n Geriatric Coffee and sold 8 months later for absurd prices with 800 miles on them. Interesting car that makes a statement but for actual tracking there will be better and sorted for tracking choices.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I see what you did there, you compared race cars to a street car. Bravo.
No, Iā€™m saying that FI doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t be track capable. Thatā€™s just a ridiculous statement when nearly every race car is FI. You must see that, right? If GM made a car that wasnā€™t able to handle the track, thatā€™s on them. It has nothing to do with it being FI or not, plenty of other cars are FI and handle the track just fine. Itā€™s simply a matter of GM not designing it correctly.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, Iā€™m saying that FI doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t be track capable. Thatā€™s just a ridiculous statement when nearly every race car is FI. You must see that, right? If GM made a car that wasnā€™t able to handle the track, thatā€™s on them. It has nothing to do with it being FI or not, plenty of other cars are FI and handle the track just fine. Itā€™s simply a matter of GM not designing it correctly.
That was the point of my sarcasm. Race cars don't have to run an AC, or have other road car stuff. I'm sure it's largely similar for our Supras whether we notice it or not, but virtually every sub $200k FI sports car factory stock can't take track abuse without reducing power to some degree. My Supra went into limp mode at VIR after a full session in the hot summer air. If I stripped out a bunch of creature comforts and threw $10k of race-spec cooling parts at it, I'm sure that would solve the issue, but no thanks. And aren't most race cars now using FI due to class restrictions anyways?

My favorite part about the C7Z was racing them in my Viper. By the third pull I went from barely keeping up to absolutely stomping them. Boost raises IATs and that isn't addressed in most street cars.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
The statement was that they had cooling issues with FI and the Corvette and their goal was that the last lap would be as fast or faster than the first lap. With FI they felt it would be very hard to accomplish this due to heat and reduced power with FI over multiple laps. They claim the C8 Z06 is consistent every single lap with zero cooling issues.

Cooling issues were a big issue with C7.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
That was the point of my sarcasm. Race cars don't have to run an AC, or have other road car stuff. I'm sure it's largely similar for our Supras whether we notice it or not, but virtually every sub $200k FI sports car factory stock can't take track abuse without reducing power to some degree. My Supra went into limp mode at VIR after a full session in the hot summer air.
Have you ever heard of Spring Mountain? Itā€™s a racetrack paganis race on that is now sponsored by Chevy to teach c8 owners how to track. Every new c8 comes with a discounted course (like what we have but much much better)

You get three full track days with instructions in a loaded c8 THEY own (donā€™t have to beat your own car) they have no modifications done to the car at all. Every day those cars are beat on for 8+ hours in the Vegas 100+ degree heat. The car never loses power from the heat as long as you are moving quick because of the intake design.

I love my Supra but they are not comparable at all. Iā€™d say the Supra is only half the car the c8 is as far as the track is concerned
Sponsored