Calling all Canadians!

Discussion in 'CANADA' started by RRKnight, May 28, 2019.

1. RRKnight

RRKnight Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    Hi, just wanted to start a thread for Canadian Supra buyers. I placed my order in February for a white, Matte Grey and Yellow color. I'm number 2 on the list at my local dealer and I was told they are officially getting 3 but no color allocations yet. So I'm guarantee to get one of them but unknown color option. End of July or early August delivery. I also purchased my personized plate already. GAZOOM!

F1 Silver Arrows likes this.
  2. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2011 gti
    Liked:
    Placed my deposit the day it debuted. 1st on the list at my dealer, my dealer is only getting two, the other one the owner has dibs on. My color choices were 1st downshift blue 2nd absolute zero. I was told end of May early June for deliveries but I can pretty much guarantee that’s wrong.

3. OP
    OP
    RRKnight

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    Congratulations and I hope it will come soon. So far no word from any Canadian dealer for exact dates.

4. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:
    Put a downpayment on May 25th, first on the list in my city and got no estimated arrival date. Family member works there and got to look at their supra timeline and info package. No stock allocation has been decided or delivery date.

5. OP
    OP
    RRKnight

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    Damn all this wait is killing me. It's worst than having to wait for a Rolex. LOL

6. jtsang25

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:
    A Rolex wait time is so long it doesn't even faze me, 3-5 years is to long to care haha. But knowing it could be next month or Septemeber without knowing anything concrete kills me. Basically everyday going through every thread that mentions Canada to see if an estimate is given to someone to prepare my self.

7. move_faster101

Car(s):
    Bmw hp2 sport ( bike ) , 2019 Ram 2500, Ducati 1098 Tricolore ( past )
    Liked:
    Looking forward to my Phantom, I check in with the dealership every once and a while. Still no news, but they said my order went into Toyota in March.
    Funny a few guys mentioned the rolex wait. Had the skydweller on order ( the next watch ) and rolex pulled the dealership from the store. NO LUCK

8. OP
    OP
    RRKnight

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    Yeah that's the nice piece but too big for my wrist. The Rolex wait is insane now. My AD no longer taking waiting list. Now only sell to hight roller that buy other premium pieces or jewelry. I already have a few in my collection so I'm done for now. I also checked in my Toyota dealer today and no news as well. Man this wait is killing me. I hope we get it before the winter is back again. LOL.

9. The Silk Road

The Silk Road Member

Car(s):
    02' IS300, 16' 86, 17' Prius, 18' 4Runner TRD Off Road
    Liked:
    Which dealers are you guys dropping deposits at? They had the prototype out at Cars & Coffee in Toronto this past weekend.

10. move_faster101

Car(s):
    Bmw hp2 sport ( bike ) , 2019 Ram 2500, Ducati 1098 Tricolore ( past )
    Liked:
    Has any
    I have deposits at 3, not going to disclose which dealerships...
    One of the three is my last option as they want to over charge on the car. So they are my last hope. I stopped by a local dealership today and the GM said there is a rumour that Canada's cars will be delayed. But he didn't have any information directly from Toyota about this. Hopefully soon, but if not I would rather have it arrive late winter than late fall. No point in just looking at a car all winter...

11. Bruins71

Bruins71 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tony
    Car(s):
    Highlander,Acura TSX,Mitsubishi Lancer deposit on 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    I saw the car at the Montreal show January 26 and put a deposit ($2500) for one at my dealer February 15.
    The Toyota Canada rep was informed then of my confirmation of deposit for a Supra!
    I attended again at the Toronto show February 17 .
    Friday May 31 signed all the paper work - just a stock number and Downshift blue no VIN yet .
    They feel from what Toyota Canada is saying that more likely August or even September delivery.
    I have followed this car for 3 years in its development and it feels like 30 years !
    Toyota runs at glacial speed when it comes to releasing info on such a fast car ;)
    I just hope that Global Toyota listens to the Canadian dealers who have firm deposits and deliver our
    color of choice to us.
    And now we wait...…………………..:cry::coffee:
    Wishing us all good luck :beer:

12. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Darren
    Car(s):
    1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
    Liked:
    Do you have any idea what the demand/waiting list is like in Toronto? I'm in Alberta, and am first in line with a deposit here, but am now moving back to Toronto Aug 1. I was hoping I'd get the car before I left, but it looks like I probably won't, putting me back to square 1, at the end of the list, in Toronto. I doubt the dealer here would agree to selling it to me without me living here, as service of new cars are a source of revenue for dealerships, and I'm sure there are other local buyers who would gladly buy the car....

13. jtsang25

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:
    It's ironic the supra was the worst kept secret in automotive history, but getting an ETA is the most difficult thing in the world.

Bruins71 likes this.
  14. Bruins71

Bruins71 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tony
    Car(s):
    Highlander,Acura TSX,Mitsubishi Lancer deposit on 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Hopefully you can keep your spot out west - I called a few dealerships around the GTA a couple of months back and all said there cars were sold (reserved).I would still call to see if any have dropped off the list .
    Welcome to Ontario

dgh likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    RRKnight

First Name:
    Rocky
    Car(s):
    Lexus NCX200T F Sport
    Liked:
    The dealer I went with said they are not taking anymore deposit because they are only getting 3 and all are spoken for. It will be hard to get a dealer to accept any deposit now but it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe try calling the outskirts of GTA like Barrie, London, Guelph, Hamilton, St. Catherine and so on...

dgh likes this.